kedspop said:
Ashley, do you r e a l l y think that?
and if so, for God's sake, why?
I was just kidding! There are some strange fetishes out there, so I know that i'm not strange compared to most.

Mom on playground...

Mom on playground...

It was hard to tell but there was a late twenties woman that I was sure was wearing some kind of Keds like shoes. They were definitely black canvas with white trim and that brown bubble gum sole but the laces were thin and she had wide pants on so I couldn't make out the whole shoe to identify it properly. She even had the back hidden by her pant hem so I couldn't tell if there was a blue label.

But close is good still 🙂

Re: 2006 Keds Alert

Just recently I saw this late teen/early 20's girl wearing a pair of white Champions. She passed by me really quickly and I barely caught a glimpse of the blue label as she walked through a door, but it was there. She was really hot too, which made it all the better! I think Keds are slowly but surely starting to catch on...

Ashley you said "I know you all already think i'm strange, but I think it would be so hot 2 see a guy buying a pair of Keds. I would have 2 say something 2 him." I wish you were the girl that saw me buying my white mesh Kendall Keds during my vacation. She was about 30ish and she stared :icon_eek: at me big time while I tried them on. Then I almost ran into her after I finished paying for them. I turned and she was right behind me. Again she shot me a look of disbelief but no comments

Attachments

• Dsc00208.jpg
    Dsc00208.jpg
    146.9 KB · Views: 4
  • Dsc00209.jpg
    Dsc00209.jpg
    140.7 KB · Views: 5
  • Dsc00210a.jpg
    Dsc00210a.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 5

Was at the yankees game the other day and saw a mom, maybe in 30's wearing white champs, low socks and old navy pants she wasn't that bad looking.

I am currently in San Francisco vacationing with Mrs. Slipon. We have been marathon shopping (fortunately most everything is closed on Easter Sunday). Good news! Keds everywhere in the fashionable Union Square part of town. At the big sale in Macys over the weekend, the teenage girls were going nuts over the Keds section and the several other brands which make a flat sneaker similar to keds (lots of skimmers) like Coach. I saw several teenage girls wearing basic white champs and of course the MILFs were out in force wearing the more comfort driven Keds styles.

There is a BCBG Max whatever store right there as well that has all those BCBG styles right in the window. Very cool!

-Slipon

I have noticed a few Keds on young women here in CA over the past few weeks. Unfortunately, it has been raining so much lately that nobody has been out doing anything, but I noticed two highschool girls out walking to lunch on Fri and they were both wearing white champs. I had to drive around the block to confirm, but lo and behold..! I'll have to take a trip up to SF this weekend and go to union square to check it out. Maybe it will inspire my wife.

6uldv8 said:
I have noticed a few Keds on young women here in CA over the past few weeks. Unfortunately, it has been raining so much lately that nobody has been out doing anything, but I noticed two highschool girls out walking to lunch on Fri and they were both wearing white champs. I had to drive around the block to confirm, but lo and behold..! I'll have to take a trip up to SF this weekend and go to union square to check it out. Maybe it will inspire my wife.

Go to Macys. Both the men's and women's stores. Today (I know it seems like I like it, but dang) there was a very attractive long blond haired girl/woman workin on the 3rd floor wearing the pinkish skimmers. Very hot... I was a little close to stalking her :icon_eek: . Then I went to Neiman Marcus for a little bit of rediculousness and notice that Paul Smith (who has done some Converse sneaks) has a very high end line of casual shoes/sneaks that look very much like a blinged out pair of Champs.

http://www.neimanmarcus.com/store/catalog/prod.jhtml?cmCat=search&itemId=prod27720021

The price is stupido but so is Neiman Marcus. I think this is an excellent sign. Maybe this will inspire Keds to start making champs for men again. Any way you look at this, it is a good thing for us Keds freaks!

-Slipon

I had a few sightings over the extra-long Easter weekend. A couple in the park and some at the grocery store. Mostly MILFs but one teenager. The one MILF had some kind of tan colour with green and blue pattern on them and all others where white champs. It's been a coons age since I've seen black champs though :icon_cry:

*sniff*

MK

More San Francisco updates:

I was shopping in the Haight Ashbury district today. At a couple of the super hip shoe/clothing stores, they had Keds for sale right next to Vans and other very trendy sneaks (Gola, Diesel, Saucony, Adidas, etc). It has been a long time since I have seen Keds in the cool shoe stores. The crowning moment of the day was at one of the stores - I believe it is called Villain Clothing (or Villain Shoes), the sales girl - an early 20's HOT Asian chic - was wearing red keds champs with her rolled up jeans, pierced lip and funky hair. I nearly suffered an accident. :icon_razz Naturally, I tried on every shoe in the store... twice! Will be taking Mrs. Slipon there later to continue to reinforce that Keds are in fact returning to a fashionable position in society (I have been saying this since they last went out of style).

I saw other attractive, trend-setter types wearing keds as well. I have not seen many girls wearing the new beat up looking Keds, but nearly all the cool shoe makers are making a shoe that is similar to that one. I continue to see the slipon/espadrille looking sneaker (ked-like) for men at the higher end men's shoe stores. I even saw a guy wearing white leather men's champs. He had a dazed looked about him that gave me the impression the last time he had two cogent thoughts in the same week was 1987.

Remaining always your Keds hunter in trust,

-Slipon

Back
Top Bottom