Re: 2006 Keds Alert

I had a disturbing keds sighting today. I was just finishing in the checkout buying food when I spotted 3 Asians with keds like sneakers standing out front. I did the Johnny 3 step with my bags as quick as I could and yes they were keds. 2 pairs of new black white champs and 1 pair of white. The disturbing part was they all 3 were being worn by guys :icon_eek: and I'm sure they were gay not that I have a problem with that it just took my excitement level down about 6 levels.

The groan is for the gays. I have no problem with them, but when us straight guys wear keds people look at us as gay. :icon_cry:

Seeker said:
2 pairs of new black white champs and 1 pair of white. The disturbing part was they all 3 were being worn by guys :icon_eek: and I'm sure they were gay not that I have a problem with that it just took my excitement level down about 6 levels.

There is another way of looking at it. Gays (and I mean this as stereotypically as possible) are more concerned about being fashionable than anyone else. If in the eyes of the fashionistas, Keds were dead and gone, then the gays you saw today would likely not be caught dead wearing them.

Slipon

Well... certainly this is turning into an interesting thread. I don't really have any particular views on gays wearing Keds than I do grannies wearing them. It's nice to know that all can enjoy them on any level. I do suppose if you are 100% hetero and you started getting a woodie seeing what you thought was girls wearing Keds only to find out that they were guys can cause anyone's bone to droop a little. :icon_eek:

I give Seeker kudos for having the gonads to speak the truth of it!

Ohhh that's sooo wrong! In SF and you didn't even tell me you and the Mrs. would be in town!

LODO160 said:
Ohhh that's sooo wrong! In SF and you didn't even tell me you and the Mrs. would be in town!

I know... I'm a donkey!

La Sra. was pretty busy with the earthquake conference and then some friends were there getting married. It was complicated. Next time I will let you know in advance!

Seeing all those young girls in Keds really gave me a bright outlook for the future!

I've been seeing many, many, many sightings this last week of teenagers and twenty-somethings wearing the Keds ballet flats - mostly in floral patterns. Not any champs lately at all. But the number of flats is quite large. It seems it is really catching on.

Flats are absolutely HUGE out here in Southern California. In the past year
they have really caught on. I actually love the sexy/cute look of flats so
I am content until Keds catch up. I have every reason to believe that they
will, since the "Frankenwear" shoes have officially died!:icon_mrgr

Was out at the tulip fest 2 weekends ago and saw more Keds than Cons 4 a change. I even saw a few teens and many younger women wearing them.
I even saw a couple of champions.
And the next day we were hiking and I saw a pretty cute red headed girl(Lindsey Lohan-ish) in her early 20s wearing a style that I haven't seen before, kinda like an anchor. They were black with white rubber trim and pinkish/red soles and stripe at top of rubber trim. I ran into her on several trails.
Too bad I wasn't wearing a pair of Keds too!
And then this last saturday I was at a beer festival and saw several pairs of Keds on women in their mid 20's to 40's. I also saw the most trashed pair of black low top chucks and a HOT pair of white Jack Purcells that she painted on. I told her that I loved her shoes and asked where she got them. That's when she told me that she painted on them herself. It was just a little bit on the right side of the right shoe, but she said that she wasn't done. Maybe i'll see her around when she has finished her sneaker art.

Keds rock,
Ashley

Ashley said:
Was out at the tulip fest 2 weekends ago and saw more Keds than Cons 4 a change. I even saw a few teens and many younger women wearing them.
I even saw a couple of champions.
And the next day we were hiking and I saw a pretty cute red headed girl(Lindsey Lohan-ish) in her early 20s wearing a style that I haven't seen before, kinda like an anchor. They were black with white rubber trim and pinkish/red soles and stripe at top of rubber trim. I ran into her on several trails.
Too bad I wasn't wearing a pair of Keds too!
And then this last saturday I was at a beer festival and saw several pairs of Keds on women in their mid 20's to 40's. I also saw the most trashed pair of black low top chucks and a HOT pair of white Jack Purcells that she painted on. I told her that I loved her shoes and asked where she got them. That's when she told me that she painted on them herself. It was just a little bit on the right side of the right shoe, but she said that she wasn't done. Maybe i'll see her around when she has finished her sneaker art.

Keds rock,
Ashley

FOR SHAME!! You didn't wear your Keds out hicking!!?? You must be punished! We will have to spank you with your Keds now! hehehehe. Thanks for sharing!!

Back
Top Bottom