Re: 2006 Keds Alert

Ashley said:
And the next day we were hiking and I saw a pretty cute red headed girl(Lindsey Lohan-ish) in her early 20s wearing a style that I haven't seen before, kinda like an anchor. They were black with white rubber trim and pinkish/red soles and stripe at top of rubber trim. I ran into her on several trails.

Keds rock,
Ashley

Ashley, the sneaks you spotted were probably the Keds 'Ann Arbor' style from a couple of summers ago... that's my guess, at least!

Happy hunting!

I have 2 sightings. I was at a local mall the other day. There was a guy probably in late 40s wearing a red pair of keds. They were not champions. I believe they were a type of anchors. Note sure.

Then at another local mall I saw 2 young ladies probably in late teens to early twenties both wearing white canvas type keds. They looked like the andies styles. I was really surprised by both being that you see few people around here wearing shoes at. Most people wear flip flops or sandals.

I was at the plant again this week. As usual, there are hundreds for women there, almost all of whom are wearing sneakers. Some are Keds, but they are the more "beefed up" models. There are no champs. I can't blame the women as standing for 10 or 12 hours on concrete is not what champs were designed to do.

However, I was working out of the office this week, and one of the HR assistants (early 20's) was wearing a very nice skirt, and champion knock offs without socks. An encouraging sign to say the least.

At the airport I had a couple of champion sightings as well. Average age was in the 20's: a 40-something woman and a girl about 3 years old.

I've started seeing more in malls, especially Yorkdale in Toronto - and it's usually the moderate crowd. Let's keep those fingers crossed.

MK

It was a good weekend for sightings on the California central coast. I saw 3 women wearing champs. All were tan colored Keds without socks. I also saw 2 men in Champs-not including me. The first was a middle aged guy in Home Depot wearing red Champs with white stitching. They looked like he wore them alot. I happened to be wearing my red Champs that day too. I'm not sure if he noticed me. Was it anybody on this site?
The second was a guy in white Champs and white socks. I saw him down on the wharf. I noticed his wife pointing me out with my Keds. I didn't talk to them either. Somehow I have the nerve to wear them, but not the nerve to walk up to others and start a conversation.
We were out getting a new car seat for my car and the lady selling us the seat commented on my red Keds and told me they were "fun". She asked me where I got them and seemed to imply she might go get some herself. A friends daughter also noticed them and said she liked them. She was 13. I didn't pursue either conversation.

Must have been a cool weekend for you. Maybe when confronted you can use the practical approach, there comfortable, they keep your feet from sweating, they are easy to wash , and they don't carry in dirt or mud!

HI-5-O said:
I have 2 sightings. I was at a local mall the other day. There was a guy probably in late 40s wearing a red pair of keds. They were not champions. I believe they were a type of anchors. Note sure.

Then at another local mall I saw 2 young ladies probably in late teens to early twenties both wearing white canvas type keds. They looked like the andies styles. I was really surprised by both being that you see few people around here wearing shoes at. Most people wear flip flops or sandals.
Did you complement any of them on their sneaks?

kedsfreak said:
Must have been a cool weekend for you. Maybe when confronted you can use the practical approach, there comfortable, they keep your feet from sweating, they are easy to wash , and they don't carry in dirt or mud!
Maybe even throw in that they are pretty sexy! I love red Keds with white stitching! I need 2 get a brand new pair. Would love 2 see some pics of you in yours!

Keds-n-kisses,
Ashley

Here in Monterey, I doubt I'd ever be asked why I wear Keds. People are way too tolerant and passive to get in your face. I tend to say things like " I like them" and let the subject change. I think red Keds are my favourites as well.

Back
Top Bottom