Re: 2008 Keds Sightings

Last week on a trip back from Phoenix for business, as I waited in the line on the jetway, there was a late 20-something wearing tight flared jeans and blue/navy striped distressed slip ons.

She was seated 4 rows ahead of me on the plane, and she took her Keds off during the flight. They were nicely worn...she looked terrific in those Keds!

Last week on a trip back from Phoenix for business, as I waited in the line on the jetway, there was a late 20-something wearing tight flared jeans and blue/navy striped distressed slip ons.

She was seated 4 rows ahead of me on the plane, and she took her Keds off during the flight. They were nicely worn...she looked terrific in those Keds!

I hope it was a long flight! Reminds me of a time I took an hour bus trip and a girl across the isle from me had on white champs and was bobbing her foot up and down. I was hard for the whole hour.

Was very nice.

Well, i just got my new black champs from Tall Girl in Ottawa and i think i'll wear them Sunday for my trip back to the west on the aircraft...what the heck...Either with my lululemon grey yoga stretch pants or just jeans...slim fit, flares....Very cool!

Well, I got them. I told you in January about the lady in my neighborhood with the great pair of champs. Spoke to her last week.
She agreed to give up her pair for a new pair. Bought a pair of canvas champs(29.99-i got screwed but time was of essence.) and did the swap.
They are size 7 -WF3400M G3 - CH59 Made in China. Not as good as
the old Korea's but you gotta take what you can get.

Here are some pic's. I'll improve pic quality and post more if you guys want.
133043.jpg

133013.jpg

132933.jpg

132902.jpg

132829.jpg

Very nice. Lucky you've met someone who would actually give away her worn sneaks.

And yeah, post more (clearer, better) shots.

BTW, more sightings to report from today. I just crossed paths with a woman in the men's clothing department while shopping for shirts. She was wearing fairly new white leather Champs, with the new modernized Keds labels. I complimented her Keds and she said thanks and "I got these at JC Penny. They're Keds." I said "very nice, so are mine" and I pointed to my white canvas Champs. She smiled and we went our separate ways.

And in the same afternoon I saw a couple teen girls wearing the distressed slip-on Champs.

Been seeing them a lot around the supermarket recently. Should note that I saw my soon-to-be mother-in-law in them for the first time last weekend. The gold old original white ones too. Now I know why my fiancee wore them for a good time in our relationship!

I've seen some slip-ons recently. Saw two college girls wearing striped distressed champs the other day. Tonight the girl that checked me out at Kmart was wearing star patterned patent slip-ons. I had on my white champs. I thought as I was going out the door that I should have commented on her cute shoes.

Most surprising of all is that this is in south-central PA. Even though NYC is only a couple hours away, it seems like our local fashion is half a world away or something.

OZZ UPDATE:- Went down the coast yesterday to Port Mac to get a new tat.. Heaps of working shop girls and high school girls in Keds knockoffs.. Sorry to rave on but Keds are screwing themselves over here... Three girls working in a coffee shop accross from the tat parlor had on black tees, black tight stove pipe jeans and black canvas L/U Plimsols same as I sent for Aimee but with black soles and silver eyelets.. :icon_evil...Looks like the owner had the Plims as part of the uniform.. Ever sat at a table in public dribbling coffee with half a boner..??
Over there you people are saying the Ked has returned.. Over here I am saying the Ked knock off and Plims are ruleing.. And what great looking rulers they are too... :icon_bigg:icon_bigg ... Walk softly people..

Back
Top Bottom