Re: 2008 Keds Sightings

Went to the local Farmers' Market today. This venue generally attracts the geriatric crowd so there were a number of champs sightings. There were a couple of women under 40 who were wearing Keds. Mostly it was sandals for both young and old.

I'll see what I can do next time I'm down there but I'm not a great "sneaker snapper".. To be dead honest I'm shit scared of getting caught... :icon_eek: walk softly people..

I have been seeing all sorts of highschool boys wearing solid white canvas deck shoes since the school year began and yesterday I saw on of them in Keds champs. These are teen age males out at the taco joint for lunch in central coast CA. I am also seeing many more Keds on the girls of that age group. The guy I saw yesterday was with a girl who was also wearing champs. These are masculine jocks I'm talking about.

I am hoping that cooler weather will do away with sandals and bring out the Keds. Its sad when an entire high school lets out and champions are not there...its just damn depressing...parent pick up couldn't get much more boring...:icon_cry: I guess there's always hope Keds will get a good campaign up and going again....

I am hoping that cooler weather will do away with sandals and bring out the Keds. Its sad when an entire high school lets out and champions are not there...its just damn depressing...parent pick up couldn't get much more boring...:icon_cry: I guess there's always hope Keds will get a good campaign up and going again....

I hope things pick up for you soon. Where I live there's a current fashion amongst schoolgirls for wearing black lace-up plimsolls with their school uniforms. Sometimes if you're very lucky you can see several girls together wearing them with black tights or knee socks. If I see any girls wearing genuine black Keds lace-ups I'll be sure to let you all know. :icon_bigg

All the best and have a great day
Plimsolllover

The local highschool had a parade last Friday afternoon and I counted about 1 in 5 of those highschool girls wearing Keds champs or some Vans shoes that were styled almost exactly like champs--not the clunky laceups I'm familiar with. It looked almost like a scene from my highschool in the early 80's, only the girls are now around 10lbs heavier.

i'm seeing a great deal of keds slip ons on campus, the ones with lots of colors or weird designs. also seeing lots of champs but mainly in brighter colors like green, although there are many white knockoffs. seems to be the trend now to get thrift shoes, and that punk style or new age hippie wearing beat up knockoffs. i think this means a complete keds comeback is coming sooooooon!:icon_mrgr

Was in Monterey recently, and saw tons of knockoffs, especially in the 18-25 crowd. No real Keds though sadly. Actually, haven't seen any real Keds out and about in a good while now, seem to be in a drought.

Saw a guy in Carmel Ca walking his dog in a parade. He was wearing red champs.
One of us?

Back
Top Bottom