W

Webspider

I was really hoping we'd have more action on this board. There seems to be lot's of everything but deck sneaker pictures.

Is there anyone out there that love theses shoes besides me?

The best way to describe deck sneakers is to look at a picture, you can look in the picture forum to see a few good examples.

No I don't find this any slower and good thing's take time to build. The board is new and users are still getting comfortable with it. I for one did not like the monthly directories, there was way too much crap posted. I prefer quality not quantity and I like the fact that we can comment on pictures.

I hope all your posts aren't negative like they were before, you were a real downer.

Hi Spider,

I am a big fan of Deck Sneakers. My fav's are of course Keds Anchor (hence my nickname), which unfortunately are no longer made, but many of the newer Keds style can fill in for passing as Deck Sneakers, such as the Gazebo, Wring, etc. I also love Sperry Topsiders and Vans. At one very lucky point in my life, I got my wife to wear deck sneakers for me. We at one point had matching pairs of Keds Anchors, AND Sperry Topsiders. I loved her in both, but the Sperry Topsiders after they were a few months old, would smell really strong and bad. (a sneaker fetisher's best dream. When she was not around, and I found the sneaks on the closet floor, well.....) She now does nothing of the sort anymore.

Anyway, I look forward to any deck postings that come along!

Hey anchork
Webspider is away for a few days on business / holidays but I can tell you for sure that you will see a Keds Anchor set in the very near future. We were able to do a set on the last shoot and as soon as Treaty gives me the green light we'll get them up.

What is they say "the longer you are married the longer you can go without sex"

Deck shoes of all types whether they are Keds Anchors, Sperry Topsiders, Polo Sports, Tretorn or Vans are also my favorites. I can spot a girl wearing deck type shoes a mile away. To me I find it really sexy when girls wear these sneakers with no sox but with short pants or a skirt so the legs and ankles are exposed. While growing up during the 70,s I was always turned on by Marcia Brady on the Brady Bunch or Susan Dey on the Partridge Family who frequently wore deck shoes. I would say the mid 80's for me was also a good year. this was a period I would commonly refer to as the decade of the "Great Deck Shoes Revival". During this time you could not help but see women and teens by the hundreds wearing deck type shoes. It seemed that everywhere you looked you can spot these shoes. I was going crazy during this time. I long for the return of deck shoes because they are simply the best shoes ever made. Long live the Decks!

Do u remember?

Do u remember?

Anyone

I would say the best peroid was late 80's to early 90s for deck sneakers guys and girls were wearing them. Wolverine even had a pairs of deck sneakers put out for market. Ok does anyone remember this Keds anchor comerical. It starts off showing someones white Keds anchors and the person is on their tippy toes then u hear a guys voice saying here let me help u with that. A pair of navy ked anchors are shown. When the shot zooms out U see this short guy reaching for a book and this tall hot woman gets the book herself. Does anyone remember this commerical??

Killerkeds

That sounds like it was a cool commercial. Keds had a couple of commercials they ran - I think we have some stored here on the site under some of the media areas.

I would love to see that one again - and many more - maybe it would help Keds out, but there doesn't seem to be any interest yet in revitalizing the Keds Champs and Anchors.

I still would love to see the Surfer brough back and the Vans deck style again too! Somewhere some model agency, celebrity or star has got to like these and wear them in a movie or TV show to start a new "fad".

I'm not sure what it will take. At least Keds FINALLY went back to the old style Champs, just like Coke - the original is the best! IMHO

Jeff

I do

I do

Yeah I like them as well but finding pictures is really hard I am hoping to post some pics it is just not the right time of year yet for deck and keds sneakers. I did see a Lady in her 50s who was wearing a pair of polo sneakers so who knows what will happen during the summer? Keep your fnigers crossed.

Killerkeds

Back
Top Bottom