S

Spirko1234

Yesterday, I bought my first pair of keds for only 10 dollars (Bright Blue Champions) and really glad that I did. As a guy I was quit nervous that the cashier was going to say something weird and make an odd comment about why I was buying them. The cashier said nothing and I was quit surprised but glad it went smoothly. Has any one else had the same feeling when buying there first pair of keds or what was your experience when buying your first pair?

Pictures to come!!!

Re: Buying first pair of keds

OH yeah mate.. I know that one.. Especially when you have a pr of sz 11 womens in your hand.. One check-out girl actualy said quietly with a grin on her face as I turned to go.. "ENJOY".. I just looked back grined back and said "Thanks".. My temp HAD gone up a bit as I walked away... :icon_eek::icon_eek: Walk softly people..

Good for you! I'll admit to the same nervousness the first (and next couple) times I bought Keds. In no time you'll be walking into the stores wearing the ones you just got.

the first time i bought my first pair it was awkward too but i bought them at a thrift shop. i thought the cashier might give me a funny look or something but nothing. if they did i'd tell them oh it's for my sister or my aunt.

I was awkward as hell, on the cell phone with my friend the whole time to avoid any possible dialouge...

gave her cash, mumbled something, confused my friend, and left the store with a heart pumping.

Thanks for starting off such a great post. When I bought my first pair of white Keds champs back in the mid-80s they were still available in men's sizes but even so I found it hard to stop my hands from trembling with excitement because they looked so fantastic and I could hardly wait to wear them with new white ankle socks and denim shorts and have a different kind of fun with them later. Happy memories indeed.

Back
Top Bottom