bouncy

Bronze Member
Reaction score
Location (country)
PNW
I struck gold the other day while making yet another weekly visit to the thrift store for old Keds shopping. I came across a lightly worn pair of white leather Champs, in the very rare high top bootie version from the mid-90s, size 8.5 which is a perfect fit. I snatch them up without hesitation, since it took me quite sometime looking-out for a pair and wanting them for years. Sure wish Keds would reissue the Champ bootie, in both leather and canvas.

You got to love thrift stores. At least every shop must have a pair of Keds sitting on their shelves.

Re: Champion leather bootie

Good find Bouncy, The Keds Champion booties are very cute and very rare. I managed to find some on Ebay about 5 years ago, both size 10m (my size) The one pair has silky type laces and little rhinstones on the toes area, the other pair is just plain, both are leather. I'll try get some better pictures

Brian

Attachments

• Keds bootie.jpg
    Keds bootie.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 14
  • Keds bootie a.jpg
    Keds bootie a.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 14

I'm a big fan and luckily have found some good pics on Ebay over the years.

I remember one short scene in Napolean Dynamite where the lead girl is seen wearing them.

Not sure if anyone has a shot of this or not

My favorite place to shop for keds is the thrift store. Alredy worn in or worn out and smooth. I missed an oportunity last summer on a pair of high top canvas keds 7.5 perfect for the wife. I came back the next day and they were snached up already. he who hesitates is lost. I will keep my eyes peeled for more in different sizes for sale or trade to others in the group!

I actually managed to get a pair off ebay that were the Ready To Wear versions which have the thicker sole. I'll try to get some pics up sometime.

Thanks kedsbri the booties look great
rcann

I would like to show my sign of appreciation to Kedsbri for his wonderful photo contribution. :icon_lol:

Back
Top Bottom