G

garythesaint

Fantastic set from Christine, and what a great pair of white champs!!! WHOAR!! Great norks to! nice, natural and pert!! just the way I like erm!! Look forward to seeing more from her in the future, but with maybe canvass keds rather than leather. Not complaining though but canvass ones are the best!! as I am sure that you will all agree...

I agree

I agree

I am sure not fussy about leather either. So when were pimsoles (keds) really popular in the UK? I remember seeing them in a Bennyhill show once. It was the episode where they are at a mental hospital or an old age home. Either way it was good to see the nurses wearing them with their uniforms. Have you seen any cool colours like red or blue??

Killerkeds

Plimsoles

Plimsoles

Killerkeds,

Plimsoles were around in the 70's alot and came in both Black and White canvass worn mainly by children who's parents couldn't afford proper shoes, but since trainers have been in fashion you just don't see them around anywhere. Here in the UK you have more chance in seeing Lady Diana walking down Oxford Street than seeing a pair of Keds.

Although fashion has started to come full circle and you do see the odd pair of Dunlop Green Flash every now and then so I'm hoping that the old plimsoles will make a come back. All we need is for some well known models to sport a pair and it should kick start the trend.

Maybe Keds should look to sponcer Kate Moss or someone like that!! Mmmm Kate Moss in white canvass keds, anuway enough already.

Hoipe this answers your question, a bit long winded I know but hey it's Friday!!

Garythesaint.

canvas keds

canvas keds

Hi there
You are not alone in your love for canvas keds versus leather. I find the leather looks unnatural or something, can't quite put my finger on it but then how can I explain my desire for KEDS in the first place.

tonya

Nice to have a woman's opinion

Nice to have a woman's opinion

Yeah well it is not easy for any of us keds lovers to find a woman who will talk about keds. I agree about the leather it is not natural, (sorry do not mean to offend anyone who likes leather) it is from a dead animal. I really hope some really big movie star wears them. I have heard news that they are considering doing another remake of Grease. Hopefully if they do the movie they will come back. Tonya do u remember the television show You can't do that on Telev ision in the later shows keds or keds knock-offs were worn in it. If anybody else reads this how about trying to find some of the shows and posting them up.

Killerkeds

No offense on the leather. Both Treaty and I like the leather. They stay clean and new looking longer plus you can wear them on a rainy or otherwise not perfect weather days. They extended the sneaker wearing season for us quite a bit. 😉

The newest movie with Keds that I know of is Kill Bill. There is a thread and picture on the board somewhere.

Kill Bill

Kill Bill

I am aware about the movie Kill Bill but I was hoping that u may be able to find the television show "You Can't do that on Television" Hope you find it Seeker it would be great . 🙂

Sorry I've never heard of that show but I'll put a search on the satellite for it.

Mrs. Mule does not like leather. That's just fine by me 🙂

Back
Top Bottom