Re: Chucks Science

I certainly can't get my eyes off a pair of chucks when I see them. Even fake ones tend to catch my attention. I hope they take the fuzzy crap off the soles. I just don't understand why they have it on there, by that. As Sweetgirl had said, they don't have the same smell they used too either. There is always something about a smell of a new pair of Adidas superstars or chucks that gets me really hard really quick.

Good day people, Well I think I may have accidently figured out the fury stuff.. It's all about "SILENCE".. I was walking the red dog the other morning early last week.. I had on a pair of Keds slip on skimmers with the fury shit on the bottom... Half way through the walk I noticed how quitly I was walking on the concrete path.. I slipped one off at the next light pole and had a look.. There was the furry shit.. Early next morning ( after diving through the collection for the same tread pattern) I tried a pair of Keds skimmers without the fur.. Definatly noiser I thought.. (both pre dawn mornings had no wind or breeze at all, same conditions).. Later "she who will be obeyed" went shopping with the girl friends so out came the skimmers again.. I tried walking, skipping, hoping and light jumping them on different surfaces, lino then tiles then polished wood etc.. Next morning I took both pair on the earlywalk... Carried a pair and wore the others.. Changing them half way.. Guys and girls, I thought the fur was definatly quiter.. Maby thats what the fools are up to trying to get rid of the little squeek you get on some floors.. e.g hospital corridors.. I havn't seen the Cons with fur yet and if I do I'll grab a pair and try a floor test again... Someone else try a few sound tests and let me know.. Maby I'm dreaming...:icon_frow:icon_frowWalk softly people...

Hey Chucksfan, I thought I was the only one doing the "Abo" tracker bit on the footprints.. I have also been known to do a discrete diversion around the block if necessary.. By the time I follow some girls Champs, skimmers or Cons I can wind up in the next suburb a couple of miles from where I was originaly heading..:icon_lol::icon_lol:Walk softly people..

I think getting "stuck" behind someone wearing Chucks on an escalator has to be great. You know, you're down a few steps so your eyeballs are right at the correct level for a good look. And if you're lucky, they'll have a sort skirt on too!!!!

I haven't seen any furry stuff on Chucks so lets hope they don't mess with the classic sole. I'm quite upset today, just starting 4 weeks vacation, first two weeks on my own before "she who must be obeyed" (thanks consforever) also has hers. So I've got two weeks trawling shopping malls and chucks stores. I feel pretty guilty really - ha ha. I'll spend some time at a couple of our biggest chucks sellers where they have them all out to open and try and watch some of the lovely ladies come in, in droves and whip their old chucks and shoes off to try new ones. If only I could assist and perhaps - tidy up those old chucks with a special whitener I have in my whitening tool!!!! With apologies to trashed lovers but my tool works on those too!:icon_evil

Proof that those 2007 Chucks from China are cheap as shit! I purchased a chocolate pair a few weeks back and have worn them about 4 times. Now, it's against my better judgement to get this series but these were as close to looking good as any I could find. I noticed today that the little black strip of rubber that runs around the rubber halfway up has become detached. I have seen this in some photos of old trashed shoes but never on basically brand new ones. Nike runs the risk of damaging the reputation of a good product by continually buying from cheaper and cheaper factories. I don't mind paying the price for decent value but when they come apart so soon. I think others out there have noticed this also with several commenting in various Chucks forums.:icon_evil

I know what you meant. I think I may have noted this earlier in the thread as well. I have a pairs of earlier China Chucks (2003ish?) as well as a trahsed pair of Orange Lo-tops that were made when Converse still made them in the US. And they are still on them. But some of my younger pairs have problems with this stripe.

As a fan of well-worn/trashed chucks I may have no problem with falling apart shoes, but its not good if a new pair is not wearable after a few weeks or months.
I completely agree to chucksfan1, that Nike runs the risk of damaging the image of chucks.
I am a huge fan of the old "made in the usa" chucks. I must have owned and worn down more than a dozen pairs of mostly black high tops between 1990 and 1998. In comparison to the vietnam or china made shoes they felt much more comfortable. They were cool to wear out, faded fast and looked lovable when the sole split from the upper rubber at the rear.
It was fun and an art to wear and trash them at the end. Unfortunately I have only one old USA-made pair left, which I preserve. The "new" vietnam chucks don't wear out so good and fade slowly, the used-up condition is reached fast when the textile rips at the sides and the shoe then soon is unwearable.
I wish they would produce the chucks in the way the old usa-made ones were manufactured (old recipe). But this seems to be too expensive or out of fashion.
Right now I'm well into wearing out a pair of vietnam-made black high-tops .... which means months til they get really comfortable and good-looking:icon_chee

Peole I have been meanng to post this for over a week... I got these X-hi's off a girl on the bay for my collection.. Brand new & made in China... I still would have brought them had I known about the soles because I didn't have any triple colour X-Hi's... Have a look at the soles ...FUCKIN FUR... Looks like shit.. The brain surgons at Converse /Nike have stuffed up a Converse tradition... Don't know what they are like to wear as they are too small for me.. If they are anything like the Keds I tried (and ended up on my arse on rain wet tar) they are deadly... :icon_eek::icon_eek:Walk softly people...

Attachments

• fur 1.jpg
    fur 1.jpg
    172.2 KB · Views: 0
  • fur 2.jpg
    fur 2.jpg
    130.9 KB · Views: 0

Yeah, that fur is annoying, when I first saw it I was like WTF? On a much better note, those of you with Converse Outlets in your town might be very delighted. Many of them have a discount asile where they seem to be selling chucks for $14.99 a pop. They have a version of chucks called "B-class." They say they are made in Indonesia, but for some reason, these don't feel very B-class to me, but rather A-class when compared with most of the chucks now. I guess they were leftovers from the Indonesia production. No fuzz on the sole and the confort of a pre-2005 chuck. Ahhh, nice to have good quality chucks. As a side note, that same outlet a year ago had a bunch of USA lo-top pairs (unbleached white) as did a Sam's Club in Chicago, only problem they all were Size 3, this was about a year ago. 🙁

I wonder if this fur is some sort of production problem. It doesn't seem to have any rhyme or reason for being there and it almost looks like they pick this up at some stage of the process. Wouldn't put it past Nike to have a factory with terrible production standards (well we know that's got to be true). I found 2 more pairs of last years output when I was in Sydney recently and snapped them up. In fact in these stores, there were almost no stock of some colours/sizes particularly black hi's so I was lucky to get them. I haven't come across this fur yet but I noticed that there are some photos on some of the other sites of soles with similar marks - and some of the real older ones like older USA varieies have a white coating over the sole. Anyone with the old USA ones seen this?

Back
Top Bottom