Re: Chucks Science

Mornin Again Chucks fan.. Read my Post further up about silence.. Try making a squeak on a smooth floor with the fury shit on the bottom.. Yeah noticed the white coating on some U.S.A. cons I have.. Looks like some sort of oxide forms after a few years of no air..??.. Anyone else know why this Con phenomin happens...:icon_frow:icon_frowWalk softly people..

Hi all. While we have been talking about Chucks from different factories and how good or bad they are, I have made a little discovery on the label under the tongue and I wonder if anyone else has noticed. Most of the stuff there is pretty obvious - the bit at the bottom called SKU (which stands for store keeping unit - it is a logistics acronym) for stock code number or part number. At the top are four sets of numbers. I don't know what the first and last are but I'm pretty sure, after looking at a few of mine that they are the year and month of manufacture. So, for instance I have a fairly new pair of hi chocolates (the new Chinese variety by the way - which I don't really like - they are lighter than the ones from earlier in 2006 as well as less well made, the rubber is thinner and slightly off white) - anyway these are 07 04. This would mean of course they were made in April 2007. The other pair of black hi's I have from the same factory are 06 11. I found a pair of the "good" ones with 06 08
and stopped to check pair I had on which are also 06 08. All my others conform to that same pattern. So sometime after 06 08 and by 06 11 they made the change to the new factory. So now I am armed with this information, it is easier to track the changes between factories. Have a look anyone interested. I don't know what is in the older pairs - some of you may want to check.

Stop Press - I have pinned it down. The new Chucks in core colours from Chinese commenced in September 2006 (first shoes will be 06 09). Note these are core colours only - black, monochrome black, navy, red, pink, optical white. Latest I have seen after a little chucks shop excursion today is August 2007. For those who love trashed chucks, I think these lighter and not so well made ones will go really well. A pair I own started coming apart after 2 wears.

Back
Top Bottom