worncanvas

Bronze Member
Reaction score
Location (country)
Midwest
We went on a college tour on friday with our daughter and I was surprised how many converse I saw since it was a rainy cold day and very sloppy. I also saw some vans slip ons that were really trashed. The only keds were on my wifes feet and they got a little trashed in the slop. Overall it was a good sneaker day considering the weather. I did feel a like a dirty old man at first checking out all the college girls footware but I got over that and was careful not to let anyone see me looking at their sneakers.

Re: College tour

Funny--we visited my son yesterday at an upstate NY college--and was amazed at how many young women were in all-stars--most black low tops but did also see alot of red and yes you have to be extremely discreet.

I'm in college right now and I'll tell you, converse are ALL OVER the place here. It seems like certain sororities only wear chucks, like it's part of their dress code or something. I'm not looking forward to graduating next year and losing my daily dosage of hot girls in chucks.

Cool. It amazes me that since 2001 Converse is still one of the most popular shoes among young woman. Converse have surpassed trendiness and become
standard apparel like a pair of jeans or tshirt. Most women seem to have a least one pair of chucks in their closet. Their popularity has reached globally to South American, Europe and Asia. This is a great time to be a chucks fan.:icon_mrgr

They're wearing chucks at their weddings, too.:icon_cool

Attachments

• wdchks.jpg
    wdchks.jpg
    388.3 KB · Views: 4

I work at a University and I'll tell you, it's great. Unfortunately, I'm at one of those preppy types, not a cool one like where I went to school, but it will do. The department that I work in is particularly converse heavy since alot of the artsy and goth/punk girls wear them. Black for sure is very popular, but there are two girls here who wear red and green too. Quite a few skater types too and some general athletic girls. The gym is the best, hundreds of really hot college girls in sneakers, all sorts. A great reason for higher education if ever there was one.

later,
Andrew

Another thought I had while we were touring the campus was, how many trashed sneakers get thrown away during the year there.

True story, I was in one of the residence dormitory halls when I saw a big box that was full of shoes that were to be donated to third world countries. I looked into it, but it was hard to see what was in it, lots of shoes, some sneakers, but no chucks. Unfortunately, it was in an open area and a place with restricted access, so I never did get a chance to go back. I do hear that there are lots of people who leave stuff behind when they move out, so there are probably more than a few pairs of trashed shoes left behind.

Was a nice day today, lots of chucks, again, mostly black for some reason.

later,
Andrew

We have a lot of South East Asian people studying at Australian Universities, particularly the ones in the large cities along the east coast. Wherever you go, Sydney, Melbourne or Brisbane, Chucks are the compulsory footwear for many of these people. I just wish as many Aussie women stepped up and put theirs on too.

chucksfan, im moving to melbourne in a few months from the uk, had enough of tony liar i mean blair.over here keds and white plimsolls have become mainstream and just as they do i leave the country! GUTTED!!

We just had a couple of days up the Queensland coast at the town of Bundaberg (population 47000). Of course, he first thing I like to do is check out he local Chucks scene - in fact, even do they have a store that sells them. We walked into the local mall (shopping centre??), and immediately I saw a male and female couple sitting having coffee. He had black lo's - but, well, I like females so I had to keep looking. Rounded a corner and they had a display of those vibrating sofa chairs and there was a lovely teen, legs up with lo blacks also. The whole picture stopped me in my tracks and she knew I was looking - I had one of my 49 pairs of black hi's on and aas one Chuck wearer to another, you know you just have that connection. Went into the chemist but she was gone when I came out - well, not connection enough!

Back
Top Bottom