lbb01

Bronze Member
Reaction score
I know that I've read several posts about complimenting women on their shoes or asking about them. I had never done that before. I guess I felt strange about it. Well, I was at a Goodwill today and bought an item. The cashier was a beautiful blond late teen, and had either dark blue or black low chucks on. They were somewhat worn, and I think even had a small tear on the side. After paying, I made an excuse to leave past the register out another door, and then the words finally came out: "nice chucks." I asked her if there were hi-top or low-cut, and she said they were lows because then she could slide out of them easier. I wish she'd not had jeans on, b/c then I could see if she was sockless, but they looked really nice on her--especially being worn.

So, my question is: do girls like it when you compliment them like that? Do you think they mind it at all from a guy (I'm in my early 30's)? Also, if they are worn, is it going too far to tease them about that, or is complimenting enough? I'd just never done that before unless it was to someone I was dating or my ex-wfe. Any opinions would be helpful. Thanks.

Re: Compliments

Nice thread topic!

I love Tretorns and they are really rare to see on a woman, so when I do I always compliment them. I will say, "I like your shoes." or "Are those Tretorns? I used to have a pair and they are sooo comfortable!"

I have posted this before on the board and had people say it was freaky, but something else I will do is ask them if they are canvas or leather and reach down and rub the shoe a little as if feeling which one it is. Of course, I will judge it based on if the woman seems like she will be cool about it. Most are. It is really hot when they will hold out their foot while I touch their sexy Tretorn.

It's really hot if I am able to see a woman wearing Tretorns when I am wearing mine because then I will say, "I like your shoes" and kick my foot out to show her that we are wearing the same ones.

As I said this is all pretty rare because I hardly ever see women wearing them.

Hope all this doesn't sound too strange.

It's Keds for me. And on this note, I have found many occasions to start a conversation about Keds with when I've noticed a nice pair on a women. It could seem a bit weird but I've never had any women NOT at least talk to me for a minute about her keds. I think they really like the fact that you notice and they DONT think it's weird. I've asked to see the bottoms, asking how they wear etc. I've even touched them to see how soft they are. I'll make up something like I work for a company that does Keds durablility sureveys and were always looking for women that have older pairs to do the surveys with. Trust me. You wont get smacked or berated. This is truly a HUGE turn-on for me and when the opportunity presents itself, I have to take advantage of it. Try it and see. Great conversation here...Let's keep it going! By the way, i'm in my 40's and if the ladies think I'm a dirty old man or something for asking-so be it...

Good topic. I like to comment on women's sneakers as appropriate. Naturally I look for keds first but these days cons are the sneaker of choice so I do comment to girls about them as well. Normally I find the right situation to comment or ask them about their sneakers. I have worked in footwear industry so I have legitmate reference. But sometimes I make conversation about them especially if I am wearing sneakers. I find women generally like to talk about their shoes. Most have over 25 to 50 pairs in their closet anyway. If they don't then leave it be. It is definite fun and a good time to discuss our favorite topic!!!!

Back
Top Bottom