consforever

Bronze Member
Reaction score
Location (country)
N.S.W. Australia
Heres one for us retired people with too much time on our hands and not a game of bowels in sight... Ok O' wise people of the planet.. Tell me this..??.. Why do Converse call an X-hi a knee-Hi and a Knee-hi an x-hi... I always thought a knee hi came up to the knee, an extra-hi approx half way up... I once took two boxes of Cons out of the collection.. One marked knee-hi the other marked x-hi.. I stood a / boot from each box beside each other and guess what ..NO DIFFERENCE... Lets not confuse this with Knee-hi / Super-hi... Any way the photos should explain the way "I" see things.. I have been asking for a photo shoot with Thigh hi's.. I think these were mistaken for knee-his... CONFUSED..??.. BLOODY SURE I AM...
1= thigh-h..
2= knee-hi rip off
3= super-hi con
4= (next down) is your much loved x-hi.

Walk softly people... :icon_ques:icon_ques

Attachments

• thigh hi ultrabootsBW99.jpg
    thigh hi ultrabootsBW99.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 0
  • knee hi rip-off.jpg
    knee hi rip-off.jpg
    286.7 KB · Views: 0
  • knee-hi cons 1.jpg
    knee-hi cons 1.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 0
Re: Cons x-hi's / Knee-hi's

Gee consforever, I'm totally confused. I'll stick to my Hi's and Ox's, at least those made up until August 2006. I think any after that are shit as you know. I discovered a new pair of black hi's the other day (at least I think they were the latest production, I forgot to look at the manufacture date) - made in Indonesia again and the sole was quite different to all those before it. Nike never stops fiddling with plants.......soon the cheapest will be made in Tasmania or Zimbabwe as the living standards of all the other SE Asian nations go through the roof as all we suckers in the rest of the world buy their cheap products. Hi to the NSW coast!!!!!!

Got it finally..
Pic # 4.. Cons x-hi sometimes called knee-hi.. God knows why when they go no where near the knee..
Walk softly people...:icon_bigg:icon_bigg

Attachments

• X-hi pink.jpg
    X-hi pink.jpg
    422.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

pictures 1 and 2 in the first post aren't real converse. that could be part of the confusion.

Afternoon Mattyrz05,
Thanks & Correct.. The first 2 are pics are of the same rip-offs I sent to Seeker for the models.. Bought in Tiawan off Run Nicky Run... Martina is featured in the black & pink knee-hi's right now... I think you missed the point I was going on about.. Converse Knee-hi and converse x-hi are the same thing.. Or are they..??.. Why are they advertised as two different lines..??.. And the Converse knee-hi advertised as super-hi..??..
Walk softly people..:icon_bigg:icon_bigg

G'day chucksfan1. Long time no hear.. Then again I aint been around.. Slothing off at Gods Girls.. They have the most incrediable body paint / tattoo art I have seen... YES, the Converse shoe model naming is confusing... Hey I got two new pr of CONS custom x-his for my American trip in September..
Hows things up north.. Girls down here are into Keds champ ripoffs big time and a few Skimmers and Cons.. Not a Keds lable to be seen anywhere.. Still a few crazy die hard filp flop fans with feet blue from the cold getting around... I'm down to Shitney this weekend and I'll give everyone an update on the girls footware later...
Walk softly people...:icon_bigg:icon_bigg

consforever, Sorry if I missed your point. As far as I know, the x-hi's come up about half way up the leg, and the knee his that you refer to are known as xx-hi's. the xx-hi's are only available at journeys. Hope this helps, matt

Back
Top Bottom