Converse is next for the hipsters...

G

The most hard to find and desired sneaker amoungst the 13 to 16 year old females are the original chuck taylors.. around here in san f.

I agree. I live in the SF bay area, too. There's a big chucks explosion out here. Its not just teenage girls, but women in the twenties wearing them. I'm seeing them everyday. They were popular before with the punk rock kids, but now I'm see an average of 10 to 15 girls or women a day wearing them. One day a saw a group of six girls all wearing black or blue locuts. The style seems to be to wearing a black leather jacket or navy peacoat and black pants with black chucks. I'm also seeing a lot more guys sporting them, too. Chucks have replaced the Adidas Superstar as the must have sneaker. Has anyone seen a resurgence in their area?
I've noticed that chucks became more popular since Converse swictched its plants to Asia. Sad to say, but I've heard the new chucks look and fell better than the American made chucks. The girl in the bondage set is wearing the Asian made Chucks and they looking really nice to me.

Chuck Taylors are Hot right now

Chuck Taylors are Hot right now

I live near a college town. The other evening my wife and I went downtown. The Chucks were everywhere! When did this happen? Primarily they were black and then blue low tops. But I also saw white and even pick. Even one 60'ish stylish woman was wearing bright yellow low tops! My only complaints are that either the girls weren't that good looking or a little heavy (but that's basically all the college girls around here) and that the majority don't wear them in attractive ways. They have the extra long jeans so you can only see the sole. We need capri's, and shorts and skirts!

For all the Keds lovers. Keep hope alive. If a shoe as basic as the All-Stars are become popular again, Keds can (and hopefully will) come back in fashion. Hell, I saw a video for a Young new female singer the other day and she was wearing a pair of slip on Vans with the black and white checker board pattern. Things are a tendency to come full circle.

Jack

You must be talking about Michelle Branch. Yeah, she's cute. I saw her performing on a talk show and she was wearing black chucks.
I think keds could make a comeback only if they got rid of the flared heel. :evil:
because the few women I've seen sporting keds were wearing the old champs(thankfully). 8)
Yeah, it looks like chucks popular again which makes me happy, too. :D

Have to agree!

Have to agree!

I have to agree with the whole chucks explosion. Now I for one really don't like chucks. I equate them with boys and therefore don't find them sexually appealing in ANY way! Plus they are very uncomfortable. Anyway, back on topic, here in So. Cal they are EVERYWHERE! Ball games, Disneyland, Zoo, and very heavy in the high schools and with the orientals.

So as Scotty said, Keds may be able to make a comeback since the chucks have really come back, but not without lots of work.

CJKL

Back
Top Bottom