Scotty

Staff member
Reaction score
Location (country)
USA
If they win this lawsuit, it could clear the shelve of knockoffs. I can't say I'm a fan, most of the them look like crap. I know most people buy them because they are a cheaper alternative.

Converse Is Suing 31 Companies Over Chuck Taylor Knockoffs

BY SARA ALDERMAN

Yesterday, the New York Times reported that Converse is filing lawsuits against 31 companies, accusing them of knocking off its classic Chuck Taylor shoe. Trademark designs like the toe cap, toe bumper, top stripe and mid stripe are what the brand is claiming others have copied. Skechers, Walmart and Kmart are among the companies being sued.
The main reason the Nike-owned brand is going after all these retailers and manufacturers is to get the fakes off shelves. Converse chief executive Jim Calhoun tells the NYTimes, “The goal really is to stop this action. I think we’re quite fortunate here to be in the possession of what we would consider to be an American icon.” In order to win all these suits, Converse must prove that customers associate these specific design elements with the manufacturer, not just because they are popular. We’ll see what goes down…

Attachments

• Converse-Chuck-Taylor-Low-Sneaker-300x308.jpg
    Converse-Chuck-Taylor-Low-Sneaker-300x308.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 0
  • Womens-Skechers-Bobs-Lo-Topia-300x183.jpg
    Womens-Skechers-Bobs-Lo-Topia-300x183.jpg
    9.6 KB · Views: 0
  • Faded-Glory-Womens-Canvas-Lace-To-Toe-300x275.jpg
    Faded-Glory-Womens-Canvas-Lace-To-Toe-300x275.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 0
  • Bongo-Womens-Stella-Black-Sneaker-300x300.jpg
    Bongo-Womens-Stella-Black-Sneaker-300x300.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 0
Re: Converse is Suing Companies that Make Knockoffs

Hope they lose. I love the knockoff cons..

They might as well sue the Chinese gov.

I hope they win big. Knockoffs suck and show just how little creativity you have. Hire some designers and make your own vs relying on someone else.

I especially hope they sue Skechers into the stone age. They are the worst at knock offs - that's all they do and all they have ever done! Pretty much every Skechers can be traced back to a Nike, Reebok, Asics or other designers' shoe. The CEO even said they take others designs, "tweak" them and then flood the market. F-you Skechers!

I do hope they win... I am no fan of knock-offs, in any industry or market.

Back
Top Bottom