mentalboye

Bronze Member
Reaction score
Location (country)
New Jersey, USA
Has anyone else noticed a recent surge in the popularity of converse's slip style? Here I my college, I sure have. For example, tonight at the library I counted and had 10 chucks sightings, and 7 of the 10 were slips. Personally, I don't think I like them quite as much, but I do like that they're getting girl's who normally wouldn't wear chucks to wear them! I've attached a couple pictures (in the 5 colors i always see them in) of them in case you haven't seen them before (don't worry, I'm working on getting some candid shots of the hotties around here wearing them).

Attachments

• slip.jpg
    slip.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 0
  • slip2.jpg
    slip2.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 0
  • slip3.jpg
    slip3.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 0
  • slip4.jpg
    slip4.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 0
  • slip5.jpg
    slip5.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 0
Re: Converse Slip Popularity

Yeah, I've seen them a lot lately, even guys are wearing them. I prefer laces with chucks, but hey its better than nothing.

i have a friend with a really worn pair of black converse slips, a really worn pair of grey and pink converse star players, a lightl worn pair of black and blue old skools, and she just got a pair of green strap on vans. Im not too crazy about the green vans, but her converses and old skools, incredible. Shes had the black slips for about a year now and they are perfect. I have to get em!

You have to get em???
You have to take photos of them and post it here!!!!
(Would be great!)

Yeah, I got a pair in Olive with a little orange trim, and I got my wife a pair of chocolate brown with light blue trim.

The slip ons peaked during the summer months here in the UK but have slackened off now, not so many shops selling them now.
As an overview, Chucks remain very popular in the UK currently. I was in London City on Sunday and totally lost count of how many pairs I saw. It was fair to say that these were mainly foreign tourists (French, German, Swedish, Americans) - not so many Brits seen wearing them. French & Germans & Japanese/Chinese are still mad on them and wear them for visits to merry England!

It is so hard walking in Central London when a coach load of 40 or so French or German college kids get off their coach and parade in a line off to the tourist spots! Saw a load of them today, battered chucks, new ones etc etc

Our (UK) girls have been catching on with the many colours of Vans slip ons this summer. Green Flash, Pink Flash and BabyCham plimsolls (canvas sneakers) have and are still popular in England with younger girls.
As Autumn draws in, it is cute to see them still wearing chucks etc for college! Very nice, whilst the other trendies go for winter colour leather heeled boots (browns and black) - yuck!

Back
Top Bottom