Scotty

Staff member
Reaction score
Location (country)
USA
I assume the old style chucks will still be available for sale. They look the same to me minus the piping, but I guess the features will make them more comfortable.

[h=1]Converse Revamps Its Century-Old Chucks For The First Time EverThere’s a new Chuck in town: Converse is unveiling its first redesign of the shoe since, well, ever. On Tuesday, the Converse Chuck Taylor All Star II will hit stores. The good news? Your kicks will (finally!) be comfortable, thanks to Nike’s Lunarlon lining — hooray for arch support — which shouldn’t come as too much of a shocker, as Nike has owned Converse for a dozen years.[/h]
Other comfort-skewed tweaks to the sneakers, which were originally designed in 1917, nine years after Converse launched, include foam-padded collars and perforated microsuede liners. The not-so-great news: You’ll shell out $15 to $20 more than you used to for a pair of the classic kicks, which now cost $70 for low-tops and $75 for hi-tops.

“The launch of Chuck II is a groundbreaking moment for Converse as we continue to move the brand forward through creativity and innovation, ushering in not just a new sneaker, but a completely new way of thinking,” Jim Calhoun, president and CEO at Converse, said in a statement.

The revised Chucks will be available in black, white, red, and blue when they launch next week, and, yes, they’re as versatile as always.

Attachments

• imaget.jpg
    imaget.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 0
  • image1.jpg
    image1.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 0
Re: Converse Will Release the Chuck II

No doubt they will sell all the colours at some point. Or as you say, they will keep selling the the old types as well.

meh not really a fan but maybe when i actually see it. like white laces and the piping but comfort is nice. the price though omg.... hope they keep the old ones or it's time to stock up

I'm excited. There are lots of people I know who seem to like the style of the classic Chucks, but can't wear them because of arch problems, foot size, etc. Hopefully this will open up a lot more people to wearing them. As long as they keep the old style around. I like the piping.

I may look into these. Love my Chucks, but I couldn't sustain standing all day in them. More comfort always is a good thing, but also hope they keep the originals around.

Missing the black stripe on the sole though.

ya but the price ouch 70 bucks for chucks? ugh i remember 20 dollar chucks sigh and im from the 80s

I like the look of these and probably will get myself a pair... but... it's not the SAME. Ya'll know what I mean.

Maybe if they bring back the piping and the unpainted eyelets, I could then get on board 100%.

I may get a pair, due to the arch support. My wife is even open minded about them for the same reason, but is waiting for a color to jump at her. I suspect there will be more to come.

Still narrow as shit and crushing on the toes. When will these companies learn that we don't all have ice skates for feet. GIVE US SOME DAMN TOE ROOM!!

Back
Top Bottom