OLYMPIAN

Bronze Member
Reaction score
Location (country)
Nottingham/Derby UK
For all of my UK counterparts, go to the shop "Sport & Soccer" or "Sport World" and they have chucks on sale for £15.99 per pair. God knows how they can retail them so cheaply when everyone else is priced GBP £29.99++

They have big posters in their shop windows advertising the fact. I was behind 2x cute college girls today (one already in blue high tops) when suddenly she stopped and pointed out the banner to her mate, I had to look as well and there it was! I went inside but they only had upto size 9 in black mono high. They didnt have the color that I wanted, this branch was Staines in Middlesex.

As far as I know all of their other branches have chucks on offer at LOW LOW prices. They are mainly blue, black, white and mono black. They dont seem to sell any other colors. These are the shops that always say "closing down, all stock must go" but never seem to do so! I checked out Crawley (West Sussex) last week and they were limited in sizes left.

Thaz really great

Thaz really great

I baught a pair of optic white hitops & mono black chucks from Lillywhites at Piccadilly.. They were selling like crazy. I had to struggle for size, still I got it.. M so glad:icon_razz

was in TK max in Dublin they are selling black, optical white and navy chucks for 27 euro. They were being snapped up like it was the last pairs on the planet.

How much were the ones in Lillywhites?

I wonder why there is so much discounting going on? They are still a big fashion and trend here in the UK (I hope..) The law of economics says you dont need to discount when things are selling so well. Everyone else retails chucks at around £30 e.g. Office, Raw, Schuh, JD Sports, Hargreaves etc etc
Probably nobody wants the boring colors as there is so much choice?

OLYMPIAN said:
For all of my UK counterparts, go to the shop "Sport & Soccer" or "Sport World" and they have chucks on sale for £15.99 per pair. God knows how they can retail them so cheaply when everyone else is priced GBP £29.99++

They have big posters in their shop windows advertising the fact. I was behind 2x cute college girls today (one already in blue high tops) when suddenly she stopped and pointed out the banner to her mate, I had to look as well and there it was! I went inside but they only had upto size 9 in black mono high. They didnt have the color that I wanted, this branch was Staines in Middlesex.

As far as I know all of their other branches have chucks on offer at LOW LOW prices. They are mainly blue, black, white and mono black. They dont seem to sell any other colors. These are the shops that always say "closing down, all stock must go" but never seem to do so! I checked out Crawley (West Sussex) last week and they were limited in sizes left.

Hey Olympian. I was sending off to the States to buy Converse mono size 10 in batches to save money. Can you get them cheap for me if I send you payment? I'm a fellow converse/plimsoll fan in the north of the UK. I run plimsoll groups on yahoo for over five years.
Bunty

Black Monos

Black Monos

They only seem to have upto size 9 now in black mono. Cant you order them from office (officeholdings.com) or Schuh online shop? Surely its cheaper and quicker than getting em from the USA? Shipping charges?? I was going to buy black Monos but I am not struck on them. I bought my wife some for xmas 2 years ago from Office in London.
The Crawley branch of Sports & Soccer seem to be sold out of chucks now but still have posters in the window.

I checked out a new store on Cannon Street (City of London) and they are retailing odd colors and discontinued chucks (hightops) at £34.99 pp

Where in the North East are you? Newcastle/Gateshead/Durham? Can u not get any in the Metrocentre at a reasonable price?

I called into Lillywhites in London today (Picc Circus) no chucks on sale here. Just some rip offs under the "Lonsdale" brand of black lowtops and blue hightops. This shop seems to be part of the same chain as Sports & Soccer etc, same ads and same merchandise.

RE: How much at Lillywhites

RE: How much at Lillywhites

I baught two pairs of chucks from Lillywhites for £14.99 each. At TK Maxx they are selling at £17

I know its great to get a bargin but it makes me wonder why? Do the fashion buyers think its an end to good chuck sales?

Id say they are being sold cheap because winter is here.

Back
Top Bottom