kedspop

Bronze Member
Reaction score
Ok guys...just finished perusing the vintage shop pix. What I find interesting is similarities between four styles. Theres listings for the Keds Ahh, which looks remarkably similar to the Champion. And the Surf which looks really similar to the Anchor. If not for the tiny little tab on back of the Ahh, I doubt on a glance I could tell them from Champions. Ditto for the Surf and Anchors. Im sure theres people (with totally impressive levels of knowledge) that can enlighten me and Id LOVE to know.

Re: differences

The ahhs were line of comfort Champions. They have a removable insole (now copied by others) and a different sole then regular champs. The uppers tended to be softer and the section with the laces was closer to the toe. I found that they lost shape quickly and were slightly under size.

The differences with the Surf and the Anchor is mainly the sole. The Surf does not have a razor cut sole.

ooooooooh. Thaaaaaaank you Seeker 🙂
When *were* the Ahh, Surf, and Anchors made?
And sorry, you lost me with Razor Cut sole (the things I wish I knew).

The ahh were late 90's, the surf are only a couple years old and razor cut soles look flat until you flex them then they open. Safe for wet decks and originally designed by Sperry.

Back
Top Bottom