Do any of you guys wear women's sneakers in public?

Re: Do any of you guys wear women's sneakers in public?

I like looking at women in Keds. Wearing them myself doesn't do a thing for me. When they made Keds for men, I wore slip ons. I still wear slip ons. They are practical for walking the dog or taking out the garbage.

I don't think I've ever worn anything that could be confused with Champs.

However, if it makes you feel good to do it, then by all means, do it!

About six months ago, I decided to wear a pair of Navy Keds Champions out to dinner. I was on a business trip to Los Angeles, and figured in a city of 10+ million, chances were slim I would run into anybody I knew.

I remember being very, very nervous as I pulled to park alongside the street in my rental car, wearing the Navy Keds. I wore them without socks, with blue jeans and a navy sweastshirt. I wiggled my feet in the Keds, took a deep breath, and went to walk down the street to the restaurant.

As far as I can tell, nobody noticed or cared. The shoes are so damn comfortable, especially after wearing a pair of Johnston and Murphys hardsoles for 10 hours earlier. After dinner, I went for a long walk, and still no looks or comments.

Two months later, I wore a pair of white Champions (see my post under "My Keds for 2007") during a business trip to the same area. As it was now late spring, the days were longer -- people could see the white Keds far better than the navy Keds at night.

I walked up and down the strip to Manhattan Beach, and stopped for dinner at a small restaurant there. I think the waitress noticed, but didn't say a thing. Walking up from the beach, there were a few teens behind me laughing (of course, they would have seen the blue Keds label not hidden by my jeans), but I have no idea whether they were laughing at me in my Keds or something completely different.

That's my experience so far. Don't have the courage to wear in front of somebody I know...yet.

ive worn womens sneakers, yeh. but its more in a kind of "damn i like that colourway, ill get them anyway" when its a just like a mad shoe that doesnt come in mens sizes. if its like a pair of airmax, it wont bother me to know im wearing them because its just the same shoe in a different colourway and size

All the time, even when out with the wife. I wear mainly Dunlop pink flash, jack purcell platforms and pink, Converse all stars in pink etc, positive ladies colours and do you know what, no one gives a damn, enjoy it, I do. I havemnay pairs of bright ladies plims and LOVE wearing them out.

I'd love to wear some of the ladies Nike and Asics runners because I think they are often nicer colours than the men's. I tend to like lighter colours and many over the last few years for men have become too dark and streetwise. Unfortunately, where I live they don't tend to have wome's above Womens size 11 which is about 2 sizes too small. My feet hurt enough now without squishing them in so I just have to go gaze at others in the street or the shop. I used to have some pink cons but I only wore them at home. I'm feeling a bit old for pink right now, and as someone else said, the teenage girls can be ruthless (my teenage daughter as well). I do like pink Chucks though.

I only wear womens sneakers since about 10 years ago. I prefer the womens because they are little than mens shoes, they are lighter and have nice design, this cause me to fell more confortable. Mainly I wear black nubuck leather mid or high tops aerobic/fitness sneakers because most of they do not appear womens. I have about 40 in my closet.

I wear they in all places, in public, in house, at work, at supermarket, everything because I do not have any mens sneakers anymore. Visitng friends, parents, etc. I am married and my wife like to see me in they. She approve me to buy they.

Of course I avoid pink, red sneakers that can cause the impression to be wms sneakers.

I do not buy new sneakers in stores. I only buy used / second hands sneakers in eBay or direct from girls in the street.

Including when I see a men wearing womens sneakers like me I got so exited.

I do not want to change my behavior because I love the womens fitness sneakers.

Nice to be aprt of this group and share our experiences.

I like to wear womens shoes out in public, I just recently started wearing them all the time. I just got a pair of asics running shoes that are light blue and look great, other than that i really like to wear these zephyz butterfly cheerleading shoes out in public with the color change side panels! No one really seems to notice, not even my pysical therapy instructor, a women at that! she grabs my sneakers when she streches out my hamstrings, and has never said a word! I was nervous at first but love to wear them everywhere anymore!

I like to wear womens shoes out in public, I just recently started wearing them all the time. I just got a pair of asics running shoes that are light blue and look great, other than that i really like to wear these zephyz butterfly cheerleading shoes out in public with the color change side panels! No one really seems to notice, not even my pysical therapy instructor, a women at that! she grabs my sneakers when she streches out my hamstrings, and has never said a word! I was nervous at first but love to wear them everywhere anymore!
I bought and have been wearing womens asics..the priwinkle blue GT 2110. Do you have the same shoe. I wear mine all the time. I actually wore them today out jogging!

Although i have not done so, i have been tempted to buy a woman's pair of Nike Shox to wear around. I like the way they look much more than the men's Shox. I currently have a pair of men's, but i may just have to get a pair of woman's. The colors in the woman's version are much sexier than in the men's version.

I think it seems common that a lot of us like the colours used in the women's running shoes better than the men's.
Stovepipe, I have this girl I know who's giving me her old pair of those same shoes you wear...HOT (Asics 2110). Can't wait to get them. She's a phys ed teacher and runs everyday. I saw them at her house, then asked a mutual friend, who I'm closer to, if she could get them for me, and she said sure...they'll be here soon. Can't wait.

Back
Top Bottom