Re: Do Converse float? Anyone?

G'day and printer,
I treated your question as it would have been treated on the T.V. show "Braineaics"... (Hell I can't even spell it...) I placed an old hi top in a laundry tub of water ... Yes it floated..(sorry no pool)... Next I placed a house brick on top... The chuck sank...
Whick only goes to prove that yes, a Chuck taylor will float unless sunk with a brick.. :icon_cool I did not have the Braineaiac girls handy so I could not find out if a Chuck will float after being blown up... Next week I shall try shooting one with a .357mag then a 12 gauge shotgun when I go to the range... Hopefully it will sink...:icon_idea DO TRY THIS AT HOME.. But don't walk on water in chucks with a couple of bricks up ya arse...

Walk softly on the Earth people...

Do Vans float? A slip-on does

Do Vans float? A slip-on does

This one was in for over 15 minutes and stilled floated. Although there might have been a little air above the heel.

Attachments

• IMG_0949.JPG
    IMG_0949.JPG
    343.5 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_0947.JPG
    IMG_0947.JPG
    344.3 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_0945.JPG
    IMG_0945.JPG
    250.3 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_0942.JPG
    IMG_0942.JPG
    239 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_0931.JPG
    IMG_0931.JPG
    165.5 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_0926.JPG
    IMG_0926.JPG
    232.9 KB · Views: 4

The challenge is on, would anyone else like to try?

New Balance also float!!

Andrew

Attachments

• floatin NB.jpg
    floatin NB.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 4

I've tried MANY sneakers over the years.. The only ones I have found NOT to float were Converse Chucks.. Dunno why

Well, yes and no I suppose. I remember getting bored and wearing my own chucks in the pool, I took them off, and saw if they floated. Of course, they sank as if you threw a coin in the water. But I think if they are dry, it will stay afloat with very few problems.
My guess on why it happens? Perhaps due to the fact that when wet, the canvas material is heavier than how much the rubber can keep afloat. But when dry, it is light enough to stay above the water. Of course, I've only done this with Chucks, not anything else or any other imitation Chuck.

Back
Top Bottom