Re: Do Crocks count as sneakers?

Kedspop, Looks like we hit a hot topic here.. Mate, in Ozz the girls (or guys)wouldn't be allowed to wear crocs crap at work.. I especially couldn't see it happening around food or a hospital... We have a bunch of buracrats over here called "Workcover" who are very particular about what people wear at work and have very stringent guidelines.. They like everyone in ugly leather shoes.. Even school kids.. In most cases steel toe caps for foot protection... Cuts down on accidents and littergation especially with Govt. jobs.. As for comfort my friend when was the last time you saw a woman buy for comfort unless she was over 60..??.. Mate if stainless steel, 7" stilleto heels, with 6" needle point toes appeared on a catwalk 95% of women would have a pair within 2 weeks.. The other 5% ARE buying for comfort.. I'm liking this topic..:icon_roll:icon_roll Walk softly people..

wow...I was wondering if medical people were wearing them. I was debating the saftey of that based on the giant holes in the uppers of the clog style...you know, flying and dripping body fluids and such. Ive got medical background too..around the time where clogs in the hospital setting just got going. I always saw the uppers being solid.

And I like them, to a degree, based on my thing for women in uniforms. And ya know....now that you mention it....sometimes the socks worn with them DO add something :icon_eek::icon_chee:icon_twis

Most of the people who would be around body fluids will wear clog-like closed toe shoes, or wrap those paper booties over their shoes so they don't get anything on their shoes.

As for comfort my friend when was the last time you saw a woman buy for comfort unless she was over 60..??.. Mate if stainless steel, 7" stilleto heels, with 6" needle point toes appeared on a catwalk 95% of women would have a pair within 2 weeks.. The other 5% ARE buying for comfort.. I'm liking this topic..:icon_roll:icon_roll Walk softly people..

Heyhey😀

Actually in NYC theres a line between shoes to look hot in when youre trying to look hot and shoes to be comfy in when youre out hanging out and walking. I work in Greenwich Village in NYC....very chill neighborhood. Lots and lots and lots of Crocs.

And the odd pair of Champs. God BLESS the Village.
Ironically....Ive wondered what my boss's assistant would look like in Keds or Vans. More like prayed Id see the day.
Today God said YES.
She came rocking in to the lunch room in what looked like Vans Classic Slip~ons but werent. Couldnt care less, the lines, contours and design paired with her IN them almost caused me to lose my jaw when it dropped to the floor.

There IS a God people....and she occasionally likes sneaker freaks.

As for comfort my friend when was the last time you saw a woman buy for comfort unless she was over 60..??..

When it comes to women's clothing, particularly the all-important footwear. Frank Lloyd Wright was wrong: Function follows form.

It doesn't matter how they fit, as long as they look good. Read the reviews in Zappo's. Women will post things like, "They fit really well, and you only have to put band aids on each small toe and on the heel to wear them."

Kripes! If the shoe causes injuries, why wear it?

As much as one can malign crocks, at least we can say this. They are "sensible shoes" especially for the pool or beach.

My mother-in-law told me they banned crocks in the Philippines because there have been injuries reported with kids getting caught in escalators. Yikes!

When it comes to women's clothing, particularly the all-important footwear. Frank Lloyd Wright was wrong: Function follows form.

It doesn't matter how they fit, as long as they look good. Read the reviews in Zappo's. Women will post things like, "They fit really well, and you only have to put band aids on each small toe and on the heel to wear them."

Kripes! If the shoe causes injuries, why wear it?

As much as one can malign crocks, at least we can say this. They are "sensible shoes" especially for the pool or beach.

I agree--about the only place they "fit" are the pool/beach. And I second your comment about the women posting about the pains they endure with some shoes. Women actually read those comments.

I noticed that Keds flubbed that hard with the first iteration of their Skimmers. The green/watermelon pair my wife bought first dug hard into her heels. After a day of wearing them, she said, "forget it!"
The next year, I bought her the cherry skimmers. It appeared as if QC/Engineering or whatever the equivalent in the shoe industry is tried to do a quick fix -- the cherry skimmers have a soft band of worn cloth over the heel edge. It's a little more comfortable for my perfect wife's cute feet. Still, they should work these things out prior to market (in my opinion).

On the plus side, the extra padding on the tongue and insole of the new Keds Champions is excellent. My wife loves them.

Thanks for the toon mate.. Good one except THIS old guy will never be seen dead in them.. I don't know about FINAL just yet Mule.. Mate, I reckon there is still a lot of shit to be thrown at crocs yet... For instance.. Have you seen the latest.. They have pretty flowers painted on them.. Only made them more stupid and ugly looking than they do already... :icon_eek::icon_eek:Walk softly but sling shit a crocs, sneaker people..

Last edited:
Crocks make a comeback!

Crocks make a comeback!

Yup I saw 'em -- fur lined crocks for colder weather.

Mule, You got to be kidding, fur lined.. Mate they are wankers no doubt about that.. Why in the fuck would you have a fur lined type sandle.. Give me a break.. Happy new year mate..:icon_bigg:icon_biggWalk softly people..

Back
Top Bottom