Seeker

Staff member
Reaction score
Location (country)
Canada
I was listening to the radio yesterday and they had some fashion editor for a teen mag on forecasting fashion trends. In a nutshell she said the two main coming trends will be preppy and punk. She pointed out that while punk was a current trend that would continue there should be a move towards preppy and feminine casual.

This could be more good news for us; let's keep our fingers crossed. 😎

Sounds great! I can see it coming more towards preppy just by seeing the women out and about.

I have been going through the archives and am loving all the Tretorn pics you have, especially in the celebrities!!! There are so many I have never seen before! It really makes me long for the 80s when Tretorns were everywhere.

I got my second pair of Tretorns today! I asked the customer service person I spoke to if they were selling a lot of them and she said they were!!!!

Mulroney

Mulroney

Guys there is a pic of Brian Mulroney's Daughter in the Mcleans wearing Tretorns. I can't remember the issue but I remember it as clear as day that she had them on.

Killerkeds

Its Canadian

Its Canadian

Tretornluver

Its a Canadian magazine like Time. It was an late 80s or early 90s. It was an issue that was dediciated to Brian Mulroney when he was Prime Minister of Canada.

Killerkeds

Land's End Catalog

Land's End Catalog

My wife got her whenever-they-send-it-seems-like-every-week Land's End catalog today. I was looking through the women's fashion since her birthday is coming up (no luck on finding a new pair of Tretorns for her) and saw two models wearing leggings and canvas sneakers. It's a start.

The rest of the shoe section had mostly flats and very casual shoes. Keds had better be ready this time around.

Any scans in keds?

Any scans in keds?

Any chance of sharring your two canvas sneaker pictures with the rest of us keds deprived folk? 🙂

More...

More...

Maniac,

Sorry, we are computer deficient here. Only came in the print catalog, and no scanner. Probably would be a copyright concern as well.

However, in today's Wall Street Journal's "Weekend Journal", the front page article is about teen fashions for this year in jr. high and high school. The article is mainly about gadgets that teens need, but the pictures on the front are of a teen with canvas Converse high tops, pink and black, and the guy is wearing black and white checked Vans slipons. I haven't seen those since 1983.

http://online.wsj.com/at_leisure/weekend_journal

The 80s are coming round again, great years for Tretorns and Keds.

inkeds said:
My wife got her whenever-they-send-it-seems-like-every-week Land's End catalog today. I was looking through the women's fashion since her birthday is coming up (no luck on finding a new pair of Tretorns for her) and saw two models wearing leggings and canvas sneakers. It's a start.

The rest of the shoe section had mostly flats and very casual shoes. Keds had better be ready this time around.

Inkeds,

You may already know this but www.tretorn.com is selling classic Tretorn nylites now. They are a bit pricey at $60 but that is about what they are to get off ebay. The good news is they are offering free shipping until August 31.

Tretornluver

Back
Top Bottom