EnviroLove

Bronze Member
Reaction score
Location (country)
USA
What are everyones thought on the new eco-friendly Green Label Keds? It is nice to see a company giving back to the environment like Keds is with their partnership with the Arbor Day Foundation.

Re: Green Label

If Keds really wanted to give back to environment they'd start manufacturing their sneakers in the US again. It would put workers back to work, save on shipping from China which in turn would be less pollution from those horrid Chinese sweatshops and the fossil fuel used to transport.

Seeker, I agree but don't knock fossil fuel.. If Ozz stopped sending coal to China we would go broke... Seriously though I do agree.. Both Cons and Keds were a far better shoe when made in the U.S.. Man, one of our top brands "BONDS" just went to China... 1500 out of work and the CEO gave herself a 5 mil pay rise for her effort.. How stuffed is that..??.. :icon_frow:icon_frow Walk softly people.. Bring back the pebble sole Champion..

Seeker, I agree but don't knock fossil fuel.. If Ozz stopped sending coal to China we would go broke... Seriously though I do agree.. Both Cons and Keds were a far better shoe when made in the U.S.. Man, one of our top brands "BONDS" just went to China... 1500 out of work and the CEO gave herself a 5 mil pay rise for her effort.. How stuffed is that..??.. :icon_frow:icon_frow Walk softly people.. Bring back the pebble sole Champion..
I don't know about Cons but some of the Asian Keds were far better quality then any ever made in the US for the period of time.

Coal? Don't get me started on that rant. The last thing the world needs is countries with no concern for their people or the environment burning that shite.

Agreed Seeker, Gotta be a better way to go but dont blame us here in Ozz.. It's the pollies and their big end of town buddies that are causing the trouble... Like you guys we vote these "a-holes" in on a lot of promises only to find its a load of rubbish when we get there.. You may all wonder why I constantly call Australia Ozz... Well like Alice I'm waiting for the white rabbit to pop up and fix this place... Walk softly people... :icon_excl:icon_excl

Keds Green Label really does give back to the environment since they are planting a tree for every pair of shoes that is purchased. Not to mention that the shoe itself is made out of recycled materials.

Back
Top Bottom