I’m Old

Seeker

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 12, 2003
Canada
I , we started this site in the late 90’s. The current software started keeping track in around 2003.

Over the years peeps moved on, died, or just had no interest. It’s kind of weird to be searching for pics of 60’s - 90’s pics but it’s cool that we still have a group of interested members.

I’m really sorry that for the past 11 years I sort of let things slide. It was a business thing which I’m now sorry I wasted my time on. That said, I find my interest here to be as great as ever.

I hope you folks feel the same and bring back the good old days of sneaker fetish. Shit Keds did a 60’s version so there must be hope.

Arcolyte

Staff member
Jul 17, 2003
US
What slid over the last 11 years? This forum's been alive and well...

Just out of curiosity, how old is everyone in this forum? It's interesting that the Keds thing spans so many generations. I'm 37.

Reactions: Seeker

Seeker

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 12, 2003
Canada
What slid over the last 11 years? This forum's been alive and well...

Just out of curiosity, how old is everyone in this forum? It's interesting that the Keds thing spans so many generations. I'm 37.

You're a young pup. Enjoy your fetish.

Seeker

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 12, 2003
Canada
The stories are in the Portal but Id suggest writing in the forums, maybe the blogs or articles sections are best. I'm working that out myself.

Speedy120

Bronze Member
Dec 11, 2013
United States
48 here. All I have pretty much is boards like this, a few bucks in the bank and my collection of vintage sneakers that I spent way more on than I should have. Oh and that I'm turning into a damn good cook just by watching YouTube. I made a hell of a ribeye steak dinner tonight. You would have paid me $50 for it, American dollars, that is. I have a good job too, but in all honesty, that stopped being fun 10 years ago when I caught my wife having an affair with a coworker of mine (who is now my boss ... he avoids me now and I like that). But the job pays way better than anything else I could reasonably do with my life so I keep doing it.

My point is, alcohol-induced tangents aside, even if you let things slide, remember that you might be bringing a few people a little bit of joy.

And never regret trying to find a way to earn a living from something you're passionate about (this is how I got started in this job I just ranted about and how I came to be paid well). Sometimes that doesn't work out but at least you tried it and now you know it doesn't work... but you made a few people happy during the endeavor and that counts for something, too.

Life is definitely too short to wear ugly sneakers ... I wish the young ladies of today would get that through their thick skulls.