RonR

Gold Member
Reaction score
Location (country)
USA
I was at the local Farm Show a few days ago. (Similar to a County Fair.)

The Farm Show Grounds walking areas are mostly paved so even after some recent rains, it wouldn't necessarily be a messy venue. The lines along the row of food trucks were long and entangled. A lady probably in her mid 30's was a few feet in front of me wearing a white top, lavender capris and white Hokas was clearly getting frustrated with the congestion.

She decided to cut between two food trucks to get out of the mass of humanity. The trucks were parked in the grass and there was straw spread out on the ground. Two steps onto the straw she let out a shriek as she sank into a swampy area soaking her Hokas with black muck about half way up the shoes. She did some kind of awkward tiptoe strides to get to the other side but the damage had been done. She looked back at the straw with a disgusted look on her face muttering what appeared to be a profanity.

I saw her an hour or so later and the stains had set in pretty good. I doubt that she will be able to get them clean again.

I know a lot of people here don't care for these shoes and they don't do much for me either. Maybe it's a "serves you right" moment for wearing clunky sneakers....

Back
Top Bottom