Re: Ipad Commercial

Ballet Flats too... this ad would surely drive me subconsciously to buy an iPad if I didn't already have one!

Ballet Flats too... this ad would surely drive me subconsciously to buy an iPad if I didn't already have one!

Going off topic, is it actually any good? They're being launched at the end of the month in the UK and still umming and ahhhing - I do a lot of music and festival photography where I'm away from home for a few days at a time, currently have a macbook that I use to backup the days photos and upload to the website I work for. Can see myself using one as a lighter, low powered alternative, but is it actually usable beyond the 'wow' and pose factor?

Getting back on topic, keds and apple products should definitely spend more time in shot together!

In a word, yes. I use my iPad for pretty much everything except serious (ie: Photoshop / programming / 3d modeling) work. I work out of a home office, so being able to catch up on email and news while curled up on the couch is a lot easier and more comfortable with iPad than with a MacBook Pro. For those times when you're not doing any heavy typing, being able to hold just the part that matters (it's only the screen) really helps.

The one thing I'm not totally sure about for your particular case is uploading files from disk via the web... I don't know that Mobile Safari supports that, but as they say, there may be an app for that.

One other big feature for me is the battery life... it's really unbelievable. I've had situations where I've watched TV for 2 hours on iPad fully charged and afterwards it was indicating 90%. I don't think I've managed to get the charge down past 50% since I've had it, and those days were /HEAVY/ use. Apple quotes 10 hours, but I think you could easily go a bit over.

Cheers for the reply, the pics I take are emailed to my editor first so the safari issue won't be a problem there, just need to see what kind of image editors become available, I'm hoping they'll do a version of Aperture.

Back
Top Bottom