Mule

VIP Member
Reaction score
Location (country)
USA
I grew up in Brooklyn in the 1950's when Keds were the only sneaker girls wore.

I lived on one of many blocks of brownstone apartments. Each block had 10 building on the short side and 15 buildings on the long side. Each building had 6 apartments.

Assuming 2 children per apartment (a very conservative estimate for the 1950's), the math works out to be 50 buildings x 6 apartments x 2 children = 600 kids per block! :icon_eek:

And they all played out on the street, particularly in the summer in an area about the size of two football fields.

Half the children are girls, so that's 300 girls. And 90% of them wore sneakers, so that's 270 "girl sneakers" and 95% of them were Keds. So that's 256 pairs of Keds! And I saw these EVERY day!

I know that this sounds like the Keds equivalent of the garden of Eden, but I do believe we will never see such a market penetration of Keds ever again.

Re: Is There any Wonder I have a Keds Fetish?

Truly a golden age, although perhaps we wouldn't get so excited by the sight of a girl in Keds if all girls wore them. It would be nice to find out.

Re: Is There any Wonder I have a Keds Fetish?

WOW Mule.. That was the garden of KEDS eden mate.. Wish I had been there... No wonder your hooked... :icon_evil:icon_evil:icon_evil Walk softly people...

Back
Top Bottom