RonR

Gold Member
Reaction score
Location (country)
USA
Describe Jan who is a college senior from a wealthy family. Her and her boyfriend along with two other friends are going to an apple orchard on a Saturday afternoon to enjoy the fall weather. It's 1990 and Jan is selecting her outfit which will consist of a white Benetton sweater, new Guess jeans and the shoes she purchased the night before: white canvas Tretorns with a plaid stripe. Her consummate fall look. Describe her getting ready and admiring her preppy outfit in the mirror.

Describe her boyfriend, Chad, being impressed with her outfit but questioning whether it's the best choice for where they are going. She insists that she'll be fine and actually wants Chad to bring his camera so that he can get some pictures of her enjoying her fall experience looking oh so cute.

Describe meeting up with their other friends Sue and Beth. Both girls are wearing sweatshirts, jeans and one girl in her Reeboks and the other in old leather Tretorns. Describe Sue and Beth taking in Jan's attire and questioning her choices first to each other and then jokingly with Jan. Describe Jan's response and self assurance that she'd be fine.

Jan stands in front of her full-length mirror with a sense of satisfaction coursing through her. The ivory Benetton sweater she's draped on is soft and cozy, its iconic knitted design giving off just the right amount of preppy sophistication. It fits just the way she wants—oversized enough to seem relaxed but fitted enough to hug her shoulders and arms as if perfectly tailored for a crisp fall day. She tugs the hem slightly, then smooths it out over her new Guess jeans, admiring the high waist and the way the denim clings to just the right places. The light fade, right above the knees, makes the jeans look like something straight from the latest pages of Seventeen or a fashion spread in Sassy.

Her eyes drop down to her feet, where her brand-new white canvas Tretorns gleam with that freshly purchased glow. The plaid stripe along the side is a subtle but distinct nod to her love for classic, preppy style. They're trendy but tasteful—exactly what she was looking for when she'd bought them from the boutique downtown the night before. Jan pivots slightly, glancing over her shoulder at her reflection as she assesses the full look.

“Oh, this is perfect,” she almost whispers to herself, smiling slyly. The outfit feels so very "Jan"—pulled together, effortlessly chic, and oh-so-fall in 1990. She flicks her lightly curled hair over her shoulder, satisfied with everything from her freshly applied lip gloss to the way her favorite gold earrings catch the soft morning light. Today at the apple orchard, she will be the one people notice.

Just as she's fastening a delicate necklace around her neck, Chad walks in. Tall, with that effortlessly athletic build and perfectly tousled hair that most of the guys at school seemed to be striving for, he leans against the doorframe as he takes her in.

“You look amazing,” he says, briefly captivated before furrowing his brow, a touch of hesitation creeping into his voice. “Like, really amazing... but are you sure that’s the best outfit for an apple orchard? I mean, we're going to be walking around in dirt and fields and stuff.”

Jan rolls her eyes with a playful smile, as if Chad's concern is the result of him just not getting it. “I’ll be fine,” she insists, smoothing her sweater again for dramatic effect. “Besides, this is, like, the perfect fall outfit. The orchard is going to make for great photos, and someone”—she points at him, eyebrows raised—“is bringing his camera, right?”

Chad chuckles, knowing he’s not going to win this one. “Of course, can’t miss the opportunity to capture you in full catalog mode. But just saying, don’t be surprised if there's a little bit of mud. Your shoes might not stay that perfect for long.”

Jan waves him off with a carefree shrug. In her mind, a little bit of dirt is nothing compared to how good she will look, especially with the colorful backdrop of autumn leaves and ripe apples. Plus, she knows Chad always caves to her confidence in these matters. She has a vision of the day, and she’s determined it's going to be exactly as she planned.

---

A short drive later, Jan and Chad pull up to the meeting spot at the orchard’s parking lot, where Sue and Beth are waiting by Sue’s silver wagon. The two girls, her close friends since their sophomore year, each lean against Sue's car, chatting and sipping on some convenience store coffee. As they spot Jan emerge from the car, their laughter fades into shared looks of amazement, followed quickly by raised eyebrows and amused smirks.

Sue, ever the practical one, has opted for a soft beige sweatshirt and well-worn Levi’s, paired with her trusty Reeboks. Beth is similarly dressed but in a faded navy sweatshirt emblazoned with their college logo, her jeans tucked into scruffy, brown leather Tretorns that she’s had for years. The girls exchange glances as Jan approaches, her outfit too perfect for what they both know will be a sticky day of apple-picking. Sue leans in toward Beth and whispers with a grin, "Is she seriously wearing those shoes?"

Beth stifles a laugh, unable to stop herself from teasing as Jan gets within earshot. “Jan, you look like you're heading to a photoshoot for a Ralph Lauren ad,” she says, glancing pointedly at the pristine canvas Tretorns before looking back up at Jan’s face. “But, uhm, you do know we’re going apple picking, right? Like, actual picking?”

Jan places one hand on her hip and blows a puff of air upward, making her bangs flutter slightly as she plays along with the mockery. “Oh, please.” Her voice is dripping with self-assurance and just the right amount of playful deflection. “I'll be fine. It’s called fashion, and, trust me, I'm not worried about a little dirt. Besides, I wanted to feel cute—what’s wrong with looking cute, huh?”

Sue can’t help but chuckle at Jan’s unflappable confidence. “Hey, more power to you. I just don’t want to hear any complaining if we end up in muddy grass or something.”

Jan grins, lifting her foot slightly to show off the clean bottoms of her new shoes. “These bad boys can take it. At least I’ll look good while I’m doing it.”

Chad, finally catching up to the rest of them, holds up his camera and gives it a click for emphasis, snapping an impromptu shot of Jan as she strikes a playful pose. “Well, she does look good,” he says sheepishly, as Sue and Beth exchange exaggerated eye rolls.

Their small group piles into the wagon, ready for their laid-back afternoon of apple picking, laughing together about Jan’s determination—her confidence contagious in its own way. Even though the girls tease her, there's an unspoken understanding. This is Jan. She’s always had that unique ability to take the ordinary and make it feel a little extraordinary. Today would be no different. Even amid the orchards’ dirt and rows of apple trees, Jan’s preppy fall ensemble would undoubtedly make its mark.

Jan stands in front of her full-length mirror with a sense of satisfaction coursing through her. The ivory Benetton sweater she's draped on is soft and cozy, its iconic knitted design giving off just the right amount of preppy sophistication. It fits just the way she wants—oversized enough to seem relaxed but fitted enough to hug her shoulders and arms as if perfectly tailored for a crisp fall day. She tugs the hem slightly, then smooths it out over her new Guess jeans, admiring the high waist and the way the denim clings to just the right places. The light fade, right above the knees, makes the jeans look like something straight from the latest pages of Seventeen or a fashion spread in Sassy.

Her eyes drop down to her feet, where her brand-new white canvas Tretorns gleam with that freshly purchased glow. The plaid stripe along the side is a subtle but distinct nod to her love for classic, preppy style. They're trendy but tasteful—exactly what she was looking for when she'd bought them from the boutique downtown the night before. Jan pivots slightly, glancing over her shoulder at her reflection as she assesses the full look.

“Oh, this is perfect,” she almost whispers to herself, smiling slyly. The outfit feels so very "Jan"—pulled together, effortlessly chic, and oh-so-fall in 1990. She flicks her lightly curled hair over her shoulder, satisfied with everything from her freshly applied lip gloss to the way her favorite gold earrings catch the soft morning light. Today at the apple orchard, she will be the one people notice.

Just as she's fastening a delicate necklace around her neck, Chad walks in. Tall, with that effortlessly athletic build and perfectly tousled hair that most of the guys at school seemed to be striving for, he leans against the doorframe as he takes her in.

“You look amazing,” he says, briefly captivated before furrowing his brow, a touch of hesitation creeping into his voice. “Like, really amazing... but are you sure that’s the best outfit for an apple orchard? I mean, we're going to be walking around in dirt and fields and stuff.”

Jan rolls her eyes with a playful smile, as if Chad's concern is the result of him just not getting it. “I’ll be fine,” she insists, smoothing her sweater again for dramatic effect. “Besides, this is, like, the perfect fall outfit. The orchard is going to make for great photos, and someone”—she points at him, eyebrows raised—“is bringing his camera, right?”

Chad chuckles, knowing he’s not going to win this one. “Of course, can’t miss the opportunity to capture you in full catalog mode. But just saying, don’t be surprised if there's a little bit of mud. Your shoes might not stay that perfect for long.”

Jan waves him off with a carefree shrug. In her mind, a little bit of dirt is nothing compared to how good she will look, especially with the colorful backdrop of autumn leaves and ripe apples. Plus, she knows Chad always caves to her confidence in these matters. She has a vision of the day, and she’s determined it's going to be exactly as she planned.

---

A short drive later, Jan and Chad pull up to the meeting spot at the orchard’s parking lot, where Sue and Beth are waiting by Sue’s silver wagon. The two girls, her close friends since their sophomore year, each lean against Sue's car, chatting and sipping on some convenience store coffee. As they spot Jan emerge from the car, their laughter fades into shared looks of amazement, followed quickly by raised eyebrows and amused smirks.

Sue, ever the practical one, has opted for a soft beige sweatshirt and well-worn Levi’s, paired with her trusty Reeboks. Beth is similarly dressed but in a faded navy sweatshirt emblazoned with their college logo, her jeans tucked into scruffy, brown leather Tretorns that she’s had for years. The girls exchange glances as Jan approaches, her outfit too perfect for what they both know will be a sticky day of apple-picking. Sue leans in toward Beth and whispers with a grin, "Is she seriously wearing those shoes?"

Beth stifles a laugh, unable to stop herself from teasing as Jan gets within earshot. “Jan, you look like you're heading to a photoshoot for a Ralph Lauren ad,” she says, glancing pointedly at the pristine canvas Tretorns before looking back up at Jan’s face. “But, uhm, you do know we’re going apple picking, right? Like, actual picking?”

Jan places one hand on her hip and blows a puff of air upward, making her bangs flutter slightly as she plays along with the mockery. “Oh, please.” Her voice is dripping with self-assurance and just the right amount of playful deflection. “I'll be fine. It’s called fashion, and, trust me, I'm not worried about a little dirt. Besides, I wanted to feel cute—what’s wrong with looking cute, huh?”

Sue can’t help but chuckle at Jan’s unflappable confidence. “Hey, more power to you. I just don’t want to hear any complaining if we end up in muddy grass or something.”

Jan grins, lifting her foot slightly to show off the clean bottoms of her new shoes. “These bad boys can take it. At least I’ll look good while I’m doing it.”

Chad, finally catching up to the rest of them, holds up his camera and gives it a click for emphasis, snapping an impromptu shot of Jan as she strikes a playful pose. “Well, she does look good,” he says sheepishly, as Sue and Beth exchange exaggerated eye rolls.

Their small group piles into the wagon, ready for their laid-back afternoon of apple picking, laughing together about Jan’s determination—her confidence contagious in its own way. Even though the girls tease her, there's an unspoken understanding. This is Jan. She’s always had that unique ability to take the ordinary and make it feel a little extraordinary. Today would be no different. Even amid the orchards’ dirt and rows of apple trees, Jan’s preppy fall ensemble would undoubtedly make its mark.
Please change Beth's old Tretorns from brown to worn looking but white.
Please change Jan's attitude about the possibility of mud to certainty that it won't be muddy and if by some chance there is mud that she's more than capable of avoiding it.

Please change Beth's old Tretorns from brown to worn looking but white.
Please change Jan's attitude about the possibility of mud to certainty that it won't be muddy and if by some chance there is mud that she's more than capable of avoiding it.
Jan stands in front of her full-length mirror, a wave of satisfaction washing over her as she takes in her reflection. The ivory Benetton sweater envelops her just right — cozy, soft, and effortlessly chic. The relaxed, oversized cut hugs her shoulders while the neckline offers a hint of elegance that feels perfect for the crisp fall air. She tugs the hem slightly, adjusting it over her brand-new Guess jeans, which fit her like a glove. The light fade on the denim is subtle yet fashionable, giving off the same laid-back vibe she'd seen in all her favorite issues of Seventeen or Sassy. It's 1990, and to Jan, few things are better than having the perfect fall look.

Her gaze moves downward to her feet, where her freshly purchased white canvas Tretorns gleam with a kind of pristine perfection. The plaid stripe along the sides adds just enough flair to elevate them beyond a simple tennis shoe. They’re the shoes of the moment—whether in a lecture hall or now, as she imagines walking through rows of apple trees under a canopy of autumn leaves. She pivots slightly, admiring the entire ensemble in the full-length mirror.

“Oh, this is exactly what I wanted,” she murmurs to herself, smiling with quiet pride. Her hair is lightly curled, falling around her shoulders with a playful bounce, and her lips glisten with a fresh coat of gloss. There’s a hint of rose blush on her cheeks, amplifying the rosy fall glow she knows will look perfect in photos. Standing there in her cozy sweater, stylish jeans, and new shoes, Jan looks quintessentially preppy with just the right touch of trendy. Today, at the apple orchard, she'd be the standout.

As she's securing her delicate gold necklace, Chad walks into the room. Tall and athletic with eternally tousled brown hair, he leans against the doorframe and lets out a low whistle. “You look incredible. Like, seriously,” he says, admiration evident in his eyes. But then his expression shifts ever so slightly as his practicality kicks in. “But, uh, are you sure that’s the best outfit for an apple orchard? We’ll be walking in dirt… maybe mud. You know it rained last week.”

Jan’s eyes sparkle with her trademark confidence as she glances at him through the mirror, a playful smile tugging at the corners of her lips. “Oh, come on, Chad. It’s not going to be that muddy. The weather’s been perfect the past few days. It’ll be dry—perfect fall weather. I’ll be fine.”

He chuckles, giving her a skeptical look as he crosses his arms. “But those shoes… they look like they haven’t even touched the ground yet. If there’s mud—”

“If,” Jan interrupts, turning to face him with an eyebrow raised. “If there’s mud, I’ll be more than capable of avoiding it. Trust me, I didn’t spend all last night picking out this outfit just to ruin it with a little dirt. I know what I’m doing.” She flashes a confident grin before continuing, “Anyway, about the camera... you’re bringing it, right? I want some cute photos with all the leaves. And, well, you know… me.”

Chad sighs, knowing it’s futile to argue with her when she’s in this mood. He smirks, lifting his camera case from the table. “Alright, alright. You win—as usual. I just hope I'm not snapping candid shots of you dodging puddles all day.”

Jan laughs, giving him a playful swat on the arm. “You’ll see. It’s going to be great—you’ll thank me when you see the photos.”

---

A short drive later, Jan and Chad pull into the orchard’s gravel parking lot, where their friends Sue and Beth are already leaning against Sue’s hand-me-down silver wagon. The two girls, Jan’s best friends since sophomore year, sip from steaming paper cups, chatting as they spot Jan stepping out of the car.

Sue, always practical, is dressed in a beige oversized sweatshirt and well-worn Levi’s, her trusty white Reeboks on her feet. Beth, perhaps the more laid-back one of the group, is similarly outfitted in a faded, navy college sweatshirt, paired with jeans and her old—but still beloved—white Tretorns. While Beth’s shoes may have started as pristine white, years of wear have reduced them to a tired, scuffed state. Yet, Beth sees no need to replace them just yet—unlike Jan, who loves something new for each season.

As Jan approaches, sun reflecting off her brightly polished shoes, Sue and Beth exchange amused glances. Sue leans into Beth with an exaggerated whisper, “Is she seriously wearing those shoes?”

Beth stifles a laugh and gives her worn-out white Tretorns a dramatic look. “I mean, mine used to be spotless like that—once.”

When Jan finally reaches them, Beth can't resist teasing her. “Jan! You look like you’re about to walk into a Tommy Hilfiger catalog shoot. But, uh, you do realize we’re about to get our hands dirty picking apples, right? Like… in the dirt.”

Sue, grinning, chimes in. “Yeah, and what if we find some mud? And you just know we will.”

Jan looks between them with the utmost calm and self-assurance, her hand placed casually on her hip. “Girls, please,” she says, brushing a stray curl from her face with practiced ease. “It’s not going to be that dirty. I checked the weather. No rain for days—dry and gorgeous. Trust me, nothing about today is going to ruin my outfit. And even if—if—we stumble across a muddy patch, do you really think I can’t handle avoiding a little mud? I’ll be fine. I know exactly where I’m stepping.” She gives a lighthearted twirl, the slight flare of her sweater catching the air.

Beth, forever the joker, mutters just loud enough for Sue to hear, “We’ll see how that confidence holds up once we’re out there.”

Sue laughs but ultimately just shakes her head with a smile. “Well, as long as you’re confident, Jan. Hopefully, those shoes can survive apple picking.”

Chad pops in with his camera at the ready, already snapping a shot of the trio. “Well, you’ll definitely have proof either way,” he quips with a grin, capturing Jan mid-pose as she playfully sticks her tongue out at the other girls.

The afternoon stretches ahead of them as the group climbs into Sue’s wagon and heads into the orchard. For Jan, the day is full of promise—an autumn backdrop, her perfect fall outfit, and a camera for capturing all of it. Regardless of what the orchard throws at her, she knows she’ll come out looking impeccable… firmly believing that the best preppy wardrobe and a little self-confidence can handle anything—even apple-picking in 1990.

Jan stands in front of her full-length mirror, a wave of satisfaction washing over her as she takes in her reflection. The ivory Benetton sweater envelops her just right — cozy, soft, and effortlessly chic. The relaxed, oversized cut hugs her shoulders while the neckline offers a hint of elegance that feels perfect for the crisp fall air. She tugs the hem slightly, adjusting it over her brand-new Guess jeans, which fit her like a glove. The light fade on the denim is subtle yet fashionable, giving off the same laid-back vibe she'd seen in all her favorite issues of Seventeen or Sassy. It's 1990, and to Jan, few things are better than having the perfect fall look.

Her gaze moves downward to her feet, where her freshly purchased white canvas Tretorns gleam with a kind of pristine perfection. The plaid stripe along the sides adds just enough flair to elevate them beyond a simple tennis shoe. They’re the shoes of the moment—whether in a lecture hall or now, as she imagines walking through rows of apple trees under a canopy of autumn leaves. She pivots slightly, admiring the entire ensemble in the full-length mirror.

“Oh, this is exactly what I wanted,” she murmurs to herself, smiling with quiet pride. Her hair is lightly curled, falling around her shoulders with a playful bounce, and her lips glisten with a fresh coat of gloss. There’s a hint of rose blush on her cheeks, amplifying the rosy fall glow she knows will look perfect in photos. Standing there in her cozy sweater, stylish jeans, and new shoes, Jan looks quintessentially preppy with just the right touch of trendy. Today, at the apple orchard, she'd be the standout.

As she's securing her delicate gold necklace, Chad walks into the room. Tall and athletic with eternally tousled brown hair, he leans against the doorframe and lets out a low whistle. “You look incredible. Like, seriously,” he says, admiration evident in his eyes. But then his expression shifts ever so slightly as his practicality kicks in. “But, uh, are you sure that’s the best outfit for an apple orchard? We’ll be walking in dirt… maybe mud. You know it rained last week.”

Jan’s eyes sparkle with her trademark confidence as she glances at him through the mirror, a playful smile tugging at the corners of her lips. “Oh, come on, Chad. It’s not going to be that muddy. The weather’s been perfect the past few days. It’ll be dry—perfect fall weather. I’ll be fine.”

He chuckles, giving her a skeptical look as he crosses his arms. “But those shoes… they look like they haven’t even touched the ground yet. If there’s mud—”

“If,” Jan interrupts, turning to face him with an eyebrow raised. “If there’s mud, I’ll be more than capable of avoiding it. Trust me, I didn’t spend all last night picking out this outfit just to ruin it with a little dirt. I know what I’m doing.” She flashes a confident grin before continuing, “Anyway, about the camera... you’re bringing it, right? I want some cute photos with all the leaves. And, well, you know… me.”

Chad sighs, knowing it’s futile to argue with her when she’s in this mood. He smirks, lifting his camera case from the table. “Alright, alright. You win—as usual. I just hope I'm not snapping candid shots of you dodging puddles all day.”

Jan laughs, giving him a playful swat on the arm. “You’ll see. It’s going to be great—you’ll thank me when you see the photos.”

---

A short drive later, Jan and Chad pull into the orchard’s gravel parking lot, where their friends Sue and Beth are already leaning against Sue’s hand-me-down silver wagon. The two girls, Jan’s best friends since sophomore year, sip from steaming paper cups, chatting as they spot Jan stepping out of the car.

Sue, always practical, is dressed in a beige oversized sweatshirt and well-worn Levi’s, her trusty white Reeboks on her feet. Beth, perhaps the more laid-back one of the group, is similarly outfitted in a faded, navy college sweatshirt, paired with jeans and her old—but still beloved—white Tretorns. While Beth’s shoes may have started as pristine white, years of wear have reduced them to a tired, scuffed state. Yet, Beth sees no need to replace them just yet—unlike Jan, who loves something new for each season.

As Jan approaches, sun reflecting off her brightly polished shoes, Sue and Beth exchange amused glances. Sue leans into Beth with an exaggerated whisper, “Is she seriously wearing those shoes?”

Beth stifles a laugh and gives her worn-out white Tretorns a dramatic look. “I mean, mine used to be spotless like that—once.”

When Jan finally reaches them, Beth can't resist teasing her. “Jan! You look like you’re about to walk into a Tommy Hilfiger catalog shoot. But, uh, you do realize we’re about to get our hands dirty picking apples, right? Like… in the dirt.”

Sue, grinning, chimes in. “Yeah, and what if we find some mud? And you just know we will.”

Jan looks between them with the utmost calm and self-assurance, her hand placed casually on her hip. “Girls, please,” she says, brushing a stray curl from her face with practiced ease. “It’s not going to be that dirty. I checked the weather. No rain for days—dry and gorgeous. Trust me, nothing about today is going to ruin my outfit. And even if—if—we stumble across a muddy patch, do you really think I can’t handle avoiding a little mud? I’ll be fine. I know exactly where I’m stepping.” She gives a lighthearted twirl, the slight flare of her sweater catching the air.

Beth, forever the joker, mutters just loud enough for Sue to hear, “We’ll see how that confidence holds up once we’re out there.”

Sue laughs but ultimately just shakes her head with a smile. “Well, as long as you’re confident, Jan. Hopefully, those shoes can survive apple picking.”

Chad pops in with his camera at the ready, already snapping a shot of the trio. “Well, you’ll definitely have proof either way,” he quips with a grin, capturing Jan mid-pose as she playfully sticks her tongue out at the other girls.

The afternoon stretches ahead of them as the group climbs into Sue’s wagon and heads into the orchard. For Jan, the day is full of promise—an autumn backdrop, her perfect fall outfit, and a camera for capturing all of it. Regardless of what the orchard throws at her, she knows she’ll come out looking impeccable… firmly believing that the best preppy wardrobe and a little self-confidence can handle anything—even apple-picking in 1990.
Upon arriving at the Orchard, Jan notices that they were offering hayrides to a corn maze which she thought would make for some great pictures and suggests that they do that first. They agree. Describe the group getting onto the hay wagon filled with people in flannel and sweatshirts with the exception of Jan. Jan places her feet up on a hay bale in front of her almost as if she was showing off her new (glowing) sneakers. Describe Jan sitting very upright so as not to get anything on her expensive white sweater.

Describe them disembarking the hay wagon with Beth getting off first and spying a mud puddle at the base of the step. What does she say to Jan and how does Jan respond?

Describe Jan making a dainty jump over the mud puddle safely landing on dry ground and practically giggling in the process. What do the girls say to her? What does Chad say?

Upon arriving at the Orchard, Jan notices that they were offering hayrides to a corn maze which she thought would make for some great pictures and suggests that they do that first. They agree. Describe the group getting onto the hay wagon filled with people in flannel and sweatshirts with the exception of Jan. Jan places her feet up on a hay bale in front of her almost as if she was showing off her new (glowing) sneakers. Describe Jan sitting very upright so as not to get anything on her expensive white sweater.

Describe them disembarking the hay wagon with Beth getting off first and spying a mud puddle at the base of the step. What does she say to Jan and how does Jan respond?

Describe Jan making a dainty jump over the mud puddle safely landing on dry ground and practically giggling in the process. What do the girls say to her? What does Chad say?
As the group pulls up to the orchard, Jan immediately notices the rustic sign advertising hayrides to the corn maze. Her eyes light up, envisioning how the softly filtered autumn light would look against the golden stalks, the hay bales, and, of course, her perfectly curated outfit. She tugs briefly at Chad's sleeve, excitement pouring from her voice.

"Look! They have hayrides to the corn maze! Oh my gosh, that could be so cute for pictures. We should totally do that first." Her eyes gleam with anticipation.

Chad chuckles and glances at Sue and Beth, who exchange amused glances themselves but ultimately shrug, willing to indulge Jan’s latest enthusiastically voiced plan.

“Sure, let’s do it,” Beth says with a playful grin.

"Yeah," Sue adds, "As long as you don't mind taking a few detours for those glossy-magazine moments."

Jan bounces lightly on her toes, knowing she’s won them over, and the group heads towards the hay wagon.

They climb aboard, and Jan instantly becomes aware that she’s a lone beacon of preppy style amidst a sea of flannel shirts, quilted jackets, and cozy sweatshirts. Families and couples in well-worn jeans and thick knits surround them, hunkering down onto hay bales for the bumpy ride ahead. The air smells faintly of fresh hay, damp earth, and apples, a quintessential fall aroma.

While the others tuck themselves into their seats, Jan carefully perches on the edge of an open bale, sitting particularly upright as if to maintain some distance between her immaculate white Benetton sweater and the unruly hay. She glances around before lifting her pristine white Tretorns and casually placing her feet up on a hay bale in front of her, crossing at the ankles as if they were on display. The white canvas almost glows in the late afternoon sun, the plaid stripe adding a touch of sophistication to the setting. Her heels hover just above the dust-covered straw, as if daring anyone to comment on her choice of footwear.

Beth notices immediately and smirks. “Oh, there she goes, putting those shoes on a pedestal—literally,” she whispers to Sue with a wink.

Sue hides a grin behind her hand but stays silent as Jan adjusts her posture once more, sitting as straight as if she were preparing for an editorial photoshoot. Her eyes dart periodically to her sweater, ensuring no stray piece of hay threatens to mar its pristine surface. The occasional bump in the road causes shafts of straw to bounce and shift, but Jan maintains her poised composure, almost defying the rustic hayride atmosphere itself.

Chad, sitting beside her, nudges her slightly. “Comfortable?”

“Very,” Jan responds airily, patting her sweater with satisfied confidence. “This is perfect. Just watch—these pictures will be adorable.”

---

As the hay wagon pulls up to the stop near the corn maze, the group prepares to disembark. Beth is the first to hop down from the wagon, her old, battered white Tretorns hitting the ground with a soft thud. She immediately notices the slight squelching sound beneath her feet and glances down. Sure enough, the area near the wagon’s step has turned into a small mud puddle, glistening ominously in the afternoon sun.

Beth turns toward the wagon, flashing a mischievous grin, and calls out, “Hey, Jan! I hope you’re ready to test those shoes—there’s a lovely little mud bath waiting right here for you.”

Jan, still poised on the hay bale inside the wagon, peers down over the edge with a mix of defiance and amusement. With a glint in her eye, she carefully swings her legs over the side of the step, but instead of plopping into the muddy patch like Beth had done, she plans her exit with precision.

“Oh please,” Jan replies, her voice full of self-assurance. “I’m perfectly capable of avoiding a little mud.” She swings her pearly sneakers in mid-air, as if showing Beth how careful she intends to be.

Without missing a beat, Jan makes a graceful, dainty hop over the mud puddle, tucking in her body lightly like a ballerina performing a calculated leap. The glowing white Tretorns seem to hang for a second in the air before landing safely on dry, untouched ground. The white canvas is unscathed, her shoes as pristine as ever. With a small, triumphant giggle, Jan straightens up, patting her sweater once more as if to dust off invisible dirt, though none had dared touch her.

“I told you,” she teases, brushing her hair free of a wayward bit of hay. “Piece of cake.”

Sue can barely hold in her laughter, shaking her head in mock disbelief. "Of course you would clear it like that. Only Jan could navigate a farm like it’s a runway.”

Beth grins widely, her hands placed on her hips. “I’ve got to hand it to you, Jan. That was some Olympic-level puddle dodging. You should get a medal for that. Keep it up, and you'll have the first mud-proof, hay-resistant shoes in history.”

Chad, standing nearby, raises his camera and snaps a quick, candid shot of her landing, the joyful giggle still on her lips. He lowers the camera, smirking. “And here I was, thinking I'd have to document the disaster. Turns out, you're quite the nimble farm girl. Maybe there’s a side career here we don’t know about?”

Jan beams, the playful teasing from her friends settling easily onto her shoulders like a compliment. “What can I say? Style and agility—it's all in the details,” she says with a lighthearted wave of her hand.

With the potential mud catastrophe masterfully sidestepped, Jan takes a deep, confident breath as the group heads toward the corn maze. Every step Jan takes is careful but sure, at once embracing her confidence in looking picture-perfect and challenging the orchard to throw anything at her that she can’t handle. And as always, she’s certain that no matter what, she’ll come out gleaming, both in her shoes and the photos.

As the group pulls up to the orchard, Jan immediately notices the rustic sign advertising hayrides to the corn maze. Her eyes light up, envisioning how the softly filtered autumn light would look against the golden stalks, the hay bales, and, of course, her perfectly curated outfit. She tugs briefly at Chad's sleeve, excitement pouring from her voice.

"Look! They have hayrides to the corn maze! Oh my gosh, that could be so cute for pictures. We should totally do that first." Her eyes gleam with anticipation.

Chad chuckles and glances at Sue and Beth, who exchange amused glances themselves but ultimately shrug, willing to indulge Jan’s latest enthusiastically voiced plan.

“Sure, let’s do it,” Beth says with a playful grin.

"Yeah," Sue adds, "As long as you don't mind taking a few detours for those glossy-magazine moments."

Jan bounces lightly on her toes, knowing she’s won them over, and the group heads towards the hay wagon.

They climb aboard, and Jan instantly becomes aware that she’s a lone beacon of preppy style amidst a sea of flannel shirts, quilted jackets, and cozy sweatshirts. Families and couples in well-worn jeans and thick knits surround them, hunkering down onto hay bales for the bumpy ride ahead. The air smells faintly of fresh hay, damp earth, and apples, a quintessential fall aroma.

While the others tuck themselves into their seats, Jan carefully perches on the edge of an open bale, sitting particularly upright as if to maintain some distance between her immaculate white Benetton sweater and the unruly hay. She glances around before lifting her pristine white Tretorns and casually placing her feet up on a hay bale in front of her, crossing at the ankles as if they were on display. The white canvas almost glows in the late afternoon sun, the plaid stripe adding a touch of sophistication to the setting. Her heels hover just above the dust-covered straw, as if daring anyone to comment on her choice of footwear.

Beth notices immediately and smirks. “Oh, there she goes, putting those shoes on a pedestal—literally,” she whispers to Sue with a wink.

Sue hides a grin behind her hand but stays silent as Jan adjusts her posture once more, sitting as straight as if she were preparing for an editorial photoshoot. Her eyes dart periodically to her sweater, ensuring no stray piece of hay threatens to mar its pristine surface. The occasional bump in the road causes shafts of straw to bounce and shift, but Jan maintains her poised composure, almost defying the rustic hayride atmosphere itself.

Chad, sitting beside her, nudges her slightly. “Comfortable?”

“Very,” Jan responds airily, patting her sweater with satisfied confidence. “This is perfect. Just watch—these pictures will be adorable.”

---

As the hay wagon pulls up to the stop near the corn maze, the group prepares to disembark. Beth is the first to hop down from the wagon, her old, battered white Tretorns hitting the ground with a soft thud. She immediately notices the slight squelching sound beneath her feet and glances down. Sure enough, the area near the wagon’s step has turned into a small mud puddle, glistening ominously in the afternoon sun.

Beth turns toward the wagon, flashing a mischievous grin, and calls out, “Hey, Jan! I hope you’re ready to test those shoes—there’s a lovely little mud bath waiting right here for you.”

Jan, still poised on the hay bale inside the wagon, peers down over the edge with a mix of defiance and amusement. With a glint in her eye, she carefully swings her legs over the side of the step, but instead of plopping into the muddy patch like Beth had done, she plans her exit with precision.

“Oh please,” Jan replies, her voice full of self-assurance. “I’m perfectly capable of avoiding a little mud.” She swings her pearly sneakers in mid-air, as if showing Beth how careful she intends to be.

Without missing a beat, Jan makes a graceful, dainty hop over the mud puddle, tucking in her body lightly like a ballerina performing a calculated leap. The glowing white Tretorns seem to hang for a second in the air before landing safely on dry, untouched ground. The white canvas is unscathed, her shoes as pristine as ever. With a small, triumphant giggle, Jan straightens up, patting her sweater once more as if to dust off invisible dirt, though none had dared touch her.

“I told you,” she teases, brushing her hair free of a wayward bit of hay. “Piece of cake.”

Sue can barely hold in her laughter, shaking her head in mock disbelief. "Of course you would clear it like that. Only Jan could navigate a farm like it’s a runway.”

Beth grins widely, her hands placed on her hips. “I’ve got to hand it to you, Jan. That was some Olympic-level puddle dodging. You should get a medal for that. Keep it up, and you'll have the first mud-proof, hay-resistant shoes in history.”

Chad, standing nearby, raises his camera and snaps a quick, candid shot of her landing, the joyful giggle still on her lips. He lowers the camera, smirking. “And here I was, thinking I'd have to document the disaster. Turns out, you're quite the nimble farm girl. Maybe there’s a side career here we don’t know about?”

Jan beams, the playful teasing from her friends settling easily onto her shoulders like a compliment. “What can I say? Style and agility—it's all in the details,” she says with a lighthearted wave of her hand.

With the potential mud catastrophe masterfully sidestepped, Jan takes a deep, confident breath as the group heads toward the corn maze. Every step Jan takes is careful but sure, at once embracing her confidence in looking picture-perfect and challenging the orchard to throw anything at her that she can’t handle. And as always, she’s certain that no matter what, she’ll come out gleaming, both in her shoes and the photos.
Describe Jan's comment to Beth about splashing mud on her old Tretorns and provide Beth's response.

As they navigated the corn maze, Jan was happy to see that the ground was mostly hard packed dirty; pretty much like walking on concrete. The one or two puddles that they encountered were easily stepped around which Jan did with ease. Jan had Chad get a few pictures of her in the maze poking through the stalks.

Jan's anxiety was raised as they encountered a few kids running through the maze like crazed animals; a few coming close to stepping on her shoes or soiling her sweater. Describe what she said to her friends about the careless kids who were "lucky" to have not caused any damage and describe their response.

Describe Jan's comment to Beth about splashing mud on her old Tretorns and provide Beth's response.

As they navigated the corn maze, Jan was happy to see that the ground was mostly hard packed dirty; pretty much like walking on concrete. The one or two puddles that they encountered were easily stepped around which Jan did with ease. Jan had Chad get a few pictures of her in the maze poking through the stalks.

Jan's anxiety was raised as they encountered a few kids running through the maze like crazed animals; a few coming close to stepping on her shoes or soiling her sweater. Describe what she said to her friends about the careless kids who were "lucky" to have not caused any damage and describe their response.
As Jan delicately landed on dry ground after her nimble hop over the muddy puddle, she glanced down at her flawless white Tretorns and then cast a sly look toward Beth’s well-worn, slightly scuffed pair. Smirking, she couldn’t help but let out a playful tease. "Beth, you should be grateful for your shoes... I mean, if any mud splashed on those old things, would anyone even notice?"

Beth, unfazed by Jan’s ribbing, shot her a quick grin. "Well, let me tell you, these babies have seen plenty of mud, and you know what? They're still kicking after all these years. They might not shine like yours, but they have character. Plus..." she angled her foot with dramatic flair, showing the bottom of her shoe, "...no stress here. I can stomp in puddles and look cute doing it."

Sue chuckled in the background, delighted by the back-and-forth banter. "Maybe we’ll let Beth and her trusty shoes lead the way next time there's a mud pit."

---

As they made their way deeper into the corn maze, Jan felt a renewed sense of calm seeing the dry, hard-packed dirt beneath her feet. It was practically as good as walking on concrete — no unexpected squishy terrain to contend with. Each step felt secure and, as she had anticipated, her Tretorns remained spotless. The occasional jagged stem of corn brushing against her jeans or sweater didn't faze her; this was the exact low-risk, high-reward situation she'd hoped for.

She had Chad snap a few posed pictures of her along the way, poking her head and shoulders through rows of cornstalks and playfully holding up a freshly plucked, golden leaf. As she shifted casually in the dirt for each photo, she felt like she was on a private autumn photoshoot — her flawless outfit juxtaposed against the rustic, natural setting.

“Perfect lighting,” she whispered to Chad after reviewing a shot. “This is so much better than I imagined.”

However, as they navigated further into the maze, the tranquility was suddenly interrupted by a group of kids — seemingly unsupervised — darting through the narrow paths. Like chaotic little whirlwinds, they were running as fast as they could, laughing and shouting as they tried to outrun one another.

Jan tensed immediately. Her anxiety spiked, instinctively pulling her sweater closer to her chest as one child came within what she considered dangerously close range of her pristine white shoes. The thought of muddy sneakers or sticky fingers coming into contact with her carefully chosen outfit made her feel faint.

She watched in horror as another child darted just inches past her, sending a puff of dust into the air by her feet.

“Ugh, seriously?” she muttered under her breath, but loud enough for her friends to hear. “These kids are, like, completely out of control! One of them almost stepped on my shoes — they're lucky nothing got ruined!” She glanced around wide-eyed, smoothing down her sweater anxiously. "Where are their parents?!"

Sue, ever the pragmatist, just gave a sympathetic but amused shrug. “Welcome to the world of corn mazes, Jan. Not exactly VIP service here."

Beth couldn't resist chiming in either, stifling a chuckle. "Hey, at least it wasn’t me who splattered mud on those Tretorns! For once, no destruction in sight." She winked.

Jan rolled her eyes dramatically, her voice laced with sarcasm but carrying an undercurrent of real concern. “Barely, Beth. One near miss from some kid with sticky fingers, and I could've been ruined!" She took a deep breath, steadying herself. "Honestly, they’re the ones who got lucky this time."

Chad, having hung back to watch the unfolding complaints, chuckled. “I think you just discovered your worst nightmare — kids and dirt. Should I keep the camera ready for action shots… just in case?”

Jan shot him a mock-glare, then broke into a grin. "I expect you to defend these shoes, Chad. You’re on duty.”

"Trust me, I’ve got it covered." Chad smirked as he raised the camera, ready and waiting for the next photo-worthy moment or potential disaster.

The group continued through the maze. Jan remained ever-keen on surveying her surroundings, making sure each path was safe and mud-free. She’d avoided disaster thus far, and as far as she was concerned, her outfit would remain impeccable until the very end — no matter how many kids decided to run wild through the corn stalks.

As Jan delicately landed on dry ground after her nimble hop over the muddy puddle, she glanced down at her flawless white Tretorns and then cast a sly look toward Beth’s well-worn, slightly scuffed pair. Smirking, she couldn’t help but let out a playful tease. "Beth, you should be grateful for your shoes... I mean, if any mud splashed on those old things, would anyone even notice?"

Beth, unfazed by Jan’s ribbing, shot her a quick grin. "Well, let me tell you, these babies have seen plenty of mud, and you know what? They're still kicking after all these years. They might not shine like yours, but they have character. Plus..." she angled her foot with dramatic flair, showing the bottom of her shoe, "...no stress here. I can stomp in puddles and look cute doing it."

Sue chuckled in the background, delighted by the back-and-forth banter. "Maybe we’ll let Beth and her trusty shoes lead the way next time there's a mud pit."

---

As they made their way deeper into the corn maze, Jan felt a renewed sense of calm seeing the dry, hard-packed dirt beneath her feet. It was practically as good as walking on concrete — no unexpected squishy terrain to contend with. Each step felt secure and, as she had anticipated, her Tretorns remained spotless. The occasional jagged stem of corn brushing against her jeans or sweater didn't faze her; this was the exact low-risk, high-reward situation she'd hoped for.

She had Chad snap a few posed pictures of her along the way, poking her head and shoulders through rows of cornstalks and playfully holding up a freshly plucked, golden leaf. As she shifted casually in the dirt for each photo, she felt like she was on a private autumn photoshoot — her flawless outfit juxtaposed against the rustic, natural setting.

“Perfect lighting,” she whispered to Chad after reviewing a shot. “This is so much better than I imagined.”

However, as they navigated further into the maze, the tranquility was suddenly interrupted by a group of kids — seemingly unsupervised — darting through the narrow paths. Like chaotic little whirlwinds, they were running as fast as they could, laughing and shouting as they tried to outrun one another.

Jan tensed immediately. Her anxiety spiked, instinctively pulling her sweater closer to her chest as one child came within what she considered dangerously close range of her pristine white shoes. The thought of muddy sneakers or sticky fingers coming into contact with her carefully chosen outfit made her feel faint.

She watched in horror as another child darted just inches past her, sending a puff of dust into the air by her feet.

“Ugh, seriously?” she muttered under her breath, but loud enough for her friends to hear. “These kids are, like, completely out of control! One of them almost stepped on my shoes — they're lucky nothing got ruined!” She glanced around wide-eyed, smoothing down her sweater anxiously. "Where are their parents?!"

Sue, ever the pragmatist, just gave a sympathetic but amused shrug. “Welcome to the world of corn mazes, Jan. Not exactly VIP service here."

Beth couldn't resist chiming in either, stifling a chuckle. "Hey, at least it wasn’t me who splattered mud on those Tretorns! For once, no destruction in sight." She winked.

Jan rolled her eyes dramatically, her voice laced with sarcasm but carrying an undercurrent of real concern. “Barely, Beth. One near miss from some kid with sticky fingers, and I could've been ruined!" She took a deep breath, steadying herself. "Honestly, they’re the ones who got lucky this time."

Chad, having hung back to watch the unfolding complaints, chuckled. “I think you just discovered your worst nightmare — kids and dirt. Should I keep the camera ready for action shots… just in case?”

Jan shot him a mock-glare, then broke into a grin. "I expect you to defend these shoes, Chad. You’re on duty.”

"Trust me, I’ve got it covered." Chad smirked as he raised the camera, ready and waiting for the next photo-worthy moment or potential disaster.

The group continued through the maze. Jan remained ever-keen on surveying her surroundings, making sure each path was safe and mud-free. She’d avoided disaster thus far, and as far as she was concerned, her outfit would remain impeccable until the very end — no matter how many kids decided to run wild through the corn stalks.
The group returns to the main area and pick up their baskets for apple picking. More photo opportunities for Jan. Lots of posing in and around the trees. Jan really mugging for the camera.

Describe Jan showing off her outfit for the pictures. Placing her foot on an upside down basket to feature her sparkling Tretorns. The plaid stripe perfect for the fall look.

The area around the trees was in good shape. Short grass and dry. Just as Jan planned it. Scanning the area, she could easily tell she was the best dressed on the farm.

As she was posing for some more pictures, she didn't notice that behind her an irrigation hose had been left on creating a large, ominous puddle. Just as she was about to take a fateful step back and into the muddy water, she spotted it out of the corner of her eye. Jan did the equivalent of a pirouette and leapt over the mud just clearing the mess.

Describe her friend's reaction as this unfolded. Why didn't they warn her about the mud puddle? What was their reaction when she made it out clean? What did Jan say about the close call. Describe that conversation.

The group returns to the main area and pick up their baskets for apple picking. More photo opportunities for Jan. Lots of posing in and around the trees. Jan really mugging for the camera.

Describe Jan showing off her outfit for the pictures. Placing her foot on an upside down basket to feature her sparkling Tretorns. The plaid stripe perfect for the fall look.

The area around the trees was in good shape. Short grass and dry. Just as Jan planned it. Scanning the area, she could easily tell she was the best dressed on the farm.

As she was posing for some more pictures, she didn't notice that behind her an irrigation hose had been left on creating a large, ominous puddle. Just as she was about to take a fateful step back and into the muddy water, she spotted it out of the corner of her eye. Jan did the equivalent of a pirouette and leapt over the mud just clearing the mess.

Describe her friend's reaction as this unfolded. Why didn't they warn her about the mud puddle? What was their reaction when she made it out clean? What did Jan say about the close call. Describe that conversation.
After the corn maze adventure, the group returned to the main area of the orchard where rows of apple trees stretched in front of them, practically glowing in the dappled afternoon light. They stopped briefly at the stand to grab baskets, each one a woven symbol of autumn. Jan clutched hers elegantly by the handle, already scanning the landscape for more photo opportunities. The area around the apple trees was in pristine condition, much to Jan’s relief. Dry, short grass covered the ground, and the golden sunlight filtering through the trees highlighted the fiery autumn colors above.

Surveying the scene, she felt a surge of satisfaction. This was exactly how she’d envisioned the day — no mud, no mess, and countless chances for gorgeous photos. Without a doubt, she was the best-dressed person on the farm. Her ivory Benetton sweater was still immaculate, and her white Tretorns, with their plaid stripe, sparkled underneath the crisp sunlight. She briefly took a look around, feeling a smug sense of superiority in her neatly curated fall ensemble compared to the other orchard-goers clad in flannel and work boots.

“Alright Chad,” she called, a playful challenge in her voice, “I need you to grab a few shots of me in action. These trees were made for this outfit.”

With Chad dutifully setting up his camera, Jan strolled over to a small wooden basket, flipped it upside down, and rested her foot on it—deliberately positioning her sparkling clean Tretorn so that the plaid stripe faced the lens. She gazed off into the distance, pretending to look thoughtful, lifting the apple basket in her arm with a slight tilt, the quintessential autumn fashion blogger pose.

"Got it?" Jan asked, striking another pose, leaning forward with grace, the plaid of her shoes catching the fading daylight. She shifted her weight just enough to let the camera catch the detail on her jeans, a small red apple in her hand lifted perfectly at chin height.

"Perfect," Chad responded, clicking away. “The plaid stripe… so fall.” He winked.

Sue and Beth leaned against a nearby tree, watching Jan ham it up with amused expressions.

“Cute,” Beth said sarcastically. “Very preppy-chic. Your shoes are getting more work as models than you are as a picker,” she teased.

Sue crossed her arms, laughing softly. “At this rate, there’ll be more pictures of her than actual apples in her basket.”

Amused by her friends’ teasing, Jan placed a hand on her hip, unfazed. “Well, someone has to set the standard for orchard couture,” she replied playfully. “Plus”—she lifted her foot again to give them both a good glance at the still-dazzlingly white Tretorns—“they’re basically begging to be photographed.”

Just as Chad prepared for another shot, Jan swiveled slightly, ready to reposition herself when—unbeknownst to her—a large, murky puddle loomed ominously behind her. An irrigation hose, carelessly left on, had created a muddy expanse a few strides away.

Beth and Sue both caught sight of the muddy threat almost simultaneously but seemed to freeze, watching it unfold rather than warning her, perhaps partly out of curiosity, partly in disbelief at what was about to happen.

Beth, barely containing her laughter, just raised an eyebrow and whispered to Sue, “This might be the one time her athletic ability needs to kick in.”

Sue smirked in silent accord, sensing that Jan, in her fashion-forward focus, was blissfully unaware of the mud puddle lying directly in her path.

Just as Jan was about to step back, her foot poised dangerously close to the muddy trap, she caught a glimpse of the mud out of the corner of her eye. Without a moment's hesitation, she performed what could only be described as an elegant pirouette-like move, spinning her body away from the peril. Closing the gap gracefully, she executed a small leap, clearing the glistening puddle entirely with her sparkling Tretorns still glistening and, most importantly, mud-free.

Her friends, who had been watching the entire ordeal with silent anticipation, erupted in laughter and relieved applause.

“Bravo! Bravo!” Sue clapped, genuinely impressed with Jan’s evasive acrobatics. “I didn’t know we brought a ballerina with us today.”

Beth, doubled over with laughter, wiped her eyes. “That was… I mean, that was basically a gymnastics routine!” she exclaimed, barely catching her breath. “I was seconds away from seeing those precious Tretorns meet their match, but no, you just had to one-up the mud!”

Chad chuckled, raising the camera to snap a photo of Jan’s victorious stance, mid-recovery. “That leap was in perfect form, Jan. I should have recorded it — might have made it on to the highlight reel.”

Jan stood there for a moment, catching her breath from the near-disastery getaway, a triumphant grin spreading across her face. She smoothed the hem of her sweater and carefully brushed off invisible dirt from her jeans, more for a dramatic touch than necessity.

“Whew!" she dramatically sighed, shaking her head as if the whole thing had been a cinematic close-call. “That… was way too close,” she finally said, putting a hand on her chest as though everything had been planned, even though her heart still raced slightly.

"But seriously? Look at that puddle,” Jan said, gesturing toward the muddy mess behind her. “Imagine if I hadn’t noticed it. Can you even imagine the carnage? My Tretorns, ruined. My sweater? Gone.”

“I was kind of picturing it for a second there,” Beth said with a teasing smirk, earning a playful swat from Jan.

Sue, still chuckling, shook her head. “How do you always manage to stay so spotless? Even when disaster is right under your nose.”

“Skill. Pure skill.” Jan tossed her hair back with exaggerated flair, walking over to Chad for another round of photos as if the whole incident had been just another part of her poised, fabulous day at the apple orchard.

"Now if you’ll excuse me,” Jan quipped, raising her arm with all the grace of a runway model, “I have more apples to pick — carefully, of course.”

“Carefully,” Chad echoed, snapping more pictures as Jan continued her tour-de-orchard, glamorous and unscathed by the farm’s potential hazards, always a step ahead — or in this case, a leap.

Back
Top Bottom