Mule

VIP Member
Reaction score
Location (country)
USA
I see a lot of keds around where I live.

There could be several reasons for this.

1. It's normally a hot climate, and women tend not to wear sneakers in colder climates.

2. It's a very conservative area (we are in the Bible Belt). I think that the conservatism of thought spills over into the conservatism in dress.

If you are going to wear casual sneakers, then you can't get more casual than Keds Champions.

plimsoll (keds)in cold climates

plimsoll (keds)in cold climates

Plimsolls (keds) are not a fashion issue in the UK.weather is also no issue,the last time i saw a women wearing plimsolls (keds)was about 15 years ago (reply. i should get out more often)but its true its completley Plimsoll (keds)free zone ,but crap expensive trainers are tops in the UK ,a bit of a status issue the more expensive the more fashionable . PS trainers look crap long live a women wearing plimsolls (keds) a real eye opener.

I can see why women would wear running shoes as opposed to Keds.

Let's face it. Keds are not athletic shoes. They are comforatable enough to go to the store in, but aren't even suited for serious walking.

So, if a woman is into athletics, or if she's on her feet a lot, it makes sense for her to wear a sturdier shoe.

My niece wears all the latest fashions. She had a pair of "trainers" (as you call them). Even by atheletic shoe standards, they are ugly. Also, I can see by the construction that they are not suited for walking or other athletic pursuit. They are just too clunky for that.

If you are going to wear ugly shoes, they ought to be at least comfortable.

But alas, to the girls who wear these clown shoes, they think they're hot.

Back
Top Bottom