slipon

Staff member
Reaction score
Location (country)
Oklahoma
So I was just riding along on my usual afternoon training ride minding my own business, concentrating extremely hard on keeping my heartrate where I wanted it when all of a sudden one of the most amazing things happened. Up ahead on the road I see these two orange rubber soles approaching me at a high rate of speed. The owner of said soles is a very fit woman lying back on a recumbent pedaling to her hearts content. I am overwhelmed with awe as she zooms by me on the other side of the road. I focus 100% on her shoes and sure enough they are classic (old style) canvas champs, pristine white (as if they had never been worn before) with no laces!!!!

I nearly cause myself significant troubles as I strained my neck while she went by. The blue labels jumped out at me because her shoes were so incredibly white. As much as I wanted to follow her, I stayed my course hoping to see her on the next lap (riding around a lake).

Unfortunately, she escaped me. 🙁

If you dont know what a recumbent is, google on.

If you do, then you share my enthusiasm... what a great afternoon!

Slipon

If you are like me, you have to wonder where all these original Keds (in pristine condition) come from.

I saw a woman (older) in a store yesterday with original navy blue Keds with the white stiching. They haven't made those for 20 years!

Hey Slipon!

Good find! It is funny that the odd pair happen to find there way outdoors like that.

It's been a bit dry around here as of late, I had hoped with the Catholic highschool close by and those lovely school uniforms that I might get lucky but so far nada.

Back
Top Bottom