DRACULA

Bronze Member
Reaction score
Location (country)
scotland
I can`t help thinking that the Keds publicity deparment isn`t up to scratch!
A [erfect example was when Kylie minogue did a photo shoot a couple of years ago wearing a tennis dress and her chosen footwear was champion oxfords.She looked fabulous and considering she is huge world wide - maybe not as much in the States - you`d have thought Keds would have approached her to maybe endorse their product.A big MISS as far as I`m concerned!

The only set I ever saw of her in tennis gear was a soft adult set. Is there another one?

No,that was it,but it was very,very nice.
I don`t think I am wrong in saying she is the only high profile female singer to have worn keds in a major magazine shoot - that`s why I feel keds weren`t tuned in enough to see a golden opportunity to increase the market for their shoes.Kylie has an enormous following,a lot of females in the 16 - 21 age group,who as we all know are pretty much fashion slaves and will follow a trend started by a celebrity.

Ms. Barton, Keds, and the 30-year old market

Ms. Barton, Keds, and the 30-year old market

I took a look at the movies Ms. Barton is in (she's the newest model for Keds) and she seems to be a perfect fit for the late high school - college market, which is ok, but I think based on other retailer's experience, Keds will miss the mark if they don't cater to the early-to-mid 30s market -- the mom with first kids, young, professional and still very sexy in Keds.

But I'm no marketing major, so..

Back
Top Bottom