Seeker said:
Keds now has womens sneakers priced at 120.00 per pair. Check out what's new at www.keds.com
That price is crazy for any shoe, especially Keds. I already think that they R 2 much $ now.

Ashley

Mmmm..barefoot stained, dirt/mud stained $120 sneakers...

high dollar sneakers

high dollar sneakers

Sure, Why not? Some women today will be wearing these high dollar keds because it won't infringe on their upscale social status. If you see a lady wearing them you most likely will not look away!

I agree its puts keds into a new range of stores and a new class of customer.

It sounds crazy, but we'll probably be seeing more women wearing keds now. Simply because of the price and them being status symbols. But who cares, the more the better!!!

Market Segmentation

Market Segmentation

I wonder if Stride Rite is trying to go for a tiered, prestige pricing formula instead of a different shoe for each segment. At the high end, they could market the costlier Keds, (ie, the Kitchy, $120 pair Maria Cornejo, the gold pair I saw a month back, etc.) at the Marshall Fields or Bloomingdales and then market the lesser priced Champions and kids versions at places like Target (Target is viewed as a middle class store, so I'd stay out selling to the Wal-Marts). The mid-range models, such as the Microstretch would be targeted at the moms shopping JCPenney's or Kohl's. I'd keep the distressed Champions at both high-end and mid-range given the different spending habits of teenagers.

I'm not trying to second-guess them, but I hope it works. Good grief, as many shoes as my wife buys (and of course, I buy her Keds) I have an interest in seeing them succeed.

poser said:
Mmmm..barefoot stained, dirt/mud stained $120 sneakers...
LOL! I could do some like that 4 half that price!

Back
Top Bottom