Re: Keds Re introduces Mens Champion Lace up Oxfords Fall 07

:icon_eek:Wow! I can't wait either . . . anxious to see if or how the style has been modified, if at all.

I hope it's very close to the classic - pebble finish sole - 4 rows on the foxing.

It would be real cool if they would bring back the "surfer" style. That's probably my all-time favorite next to the champion!

Those are not champions.

Where on customer service do you look to see that they are re-introducing mens champs with laces?

Not on the website that I could find, but confirmed by phone for Spring 08 (out in January).

I know I'm going to get raked over the coals for saying this but; I have email Keds and talked to them on the phone and said " PLEASE do not start making Keds Champions for men, the women's Champions are just fine for me" The reason I say this is because when I wear my Keds in public (which is almost all the time) I want people to know that I'm wearing women's shoes, not men's. There is nothing wrong with women or men looking at your shoes and know you are wearing women's shoes. :icon_eek: I know that's just me, it's part of me fetish for keds

:icon_coolI agrre with kedsbri on one thing.
I will always have and wear womens champs for several reasons.
1. The last mens version had 5 eyelets which made the tounge and laces to high on your arch and was uncomfortable.
2. The first time they were washed they curled up,shrunk and looked bad.
3.they didn't have the sex appeal and you did'nt feel brave wearing them.
So, yes get them out there for exposure and a few new commers and the shy ones that think it might make a difference, But with our fetish the womens are still top choice....

:icon_coolI agrre with kedsbri on one thing.
I will always have and wear womens champs for several reasons.
1. The last mens version had 5 eyelets which made the tounge and laces to high on your arch and was uncomfortable.
2. The first time they were washed they curled up,shrunk and looked bad.
3.they didn't have the sex appeal and you did'nt feel brave wearing them.
So, yes get them out there for exposure and a few new commers and the shy ones that think it might make a difference, But with our fetish the womens are still top choice....
Actually....*my* Keds fetish has nothing to do with wearing womens shoes. Strange as it may seem...I have an honest to God Keds fetish. And it involves WOMEN wearing womens shoes.
Given the concept of the five eyelets causing discomfort...Id seriously think against wearing the mens version should it come out. However, Id wear the slipons. I have four pairs of Vans checkered slipons (those are the same shoe sized for men and women) because tons of people are wearing them here (women too thank GOD) and it has nothing to do with the fetish. I doubt the Champion slipons would either if people were wearing them.

Back
Top Bottom