Jack_Purcell

Bronze Member
Reaction score
Location (country)
California
I saw my first teenage girl wearing Keds today! It was at an outdoor shopping mall. She was probably 15 or so and wearing capri type jeans and navy blue slip ons. I'm not exciting sexually about a 15 year old, only that if the younger generation takes to them, then legal young women will to hopefully. I knew I would see this happen, since I have sceen so many girls wearing those cheap looking shoes that are somewhat similar. The Keds slip ons look so much better. My hope is that more girls will wear the Keds slip ons instead of the others, then it's one step away from the classics with laces. Of course I still want women to also wear their chucks, jack purcells, and Vans (which more are wearing all the time, I mean the boat shoe style). It will be nice to have keds also to spot out and about.:icon_razz

I saw a girl around the same age at a local burger hangout a few weeks ago
wearing a pair of navy blue slipons. They were REAL keds, and she wasnt a
"nerdling", she was with a group of girls in Vans and such.

Obviously times are changing for the better.

My wife and I went out to dinner last night to celebrate New Years Eve (early) and I saw for the first time a 20 something wearing classic champion white Keds!! It must be the area we live in here in Illinois, as I haven't seen a pair of classic Keds in years!!! (literally)...other than those that my wife wears. I haven't even seen the "older" women wear Keds.

All the girls iin our area still wear flip flops, even when its 5 degrees out...I hope they catch a cold!

Happy new year!

I guess the flip-flops show off their feet, but in my opinion not well. They are also cheap and dangerous to walk in. By the way the other day I saw this late twenties woman wearing the white keds with the abstact rainbow of colors on them, there was a set with them in the middle of last year, it was a set with a visiting famous model.

Back
Top Bottom