Mule

VIP Member
Reaction score
Location (country)
USA
A local town puts on an antique fair once a year, and it draws about 10,000 people. Mrs Mule, a female friend and I attended. (I only went for the funnel cakes, but that's another story).

Naturally I checked out the sneakers. About 90% of the women (including Mrs. Mule) were wearing "walking shoes."

The grandmothers were wearing their Keds So were the 30-somethings and a few pre-teens!

The Keds were on 50-, 30- and 10- year olds. They seem to have skipped the 40- and 20- year olds.

Most of the Keds were RTWs followed by champs and in distant Keds third some of the more "current" styles (mules and such).

One thing notably missing were the clown shoes of several years ago. Many women wore thicker soled sneakers (but generally not thicker than RTWs).
Has anyone else noticed this generational skip in Keds.?

A funnel cake is a very sweet batter that is poured out onto a "baking" sheet using a funnel (hence the name). The shape is sort of amorphous.

This concoction is then deep fat fried, and topped liberally with powdered sugar, and of course, served hot.

The is enough grease in the average funnel cake to lube all the tracks of a tank battalion.

Just what your cardiologist ordered!

Sounds like heart attack food to me!! Fantastic. You will have to let me know what hospitial you end up in so I know where to send the getwell card!! ha ha ha

That's why I eat only one a year, and at that, I could only finish half of the one I had this year.

Back
Top Bottom