fetishforlife

Bronze Member
Reaction score
Location (country)
nothern ireland
I just wanted to ask if anyone else has noticed how big keds are at the moment.Over here in Northern Ireland keds are everywhere you look..all ages...male and female.
Reebok and nike were the main brands of choice but it seems the humble ked has hit number 1.
Younger people would much rather have a pair of keds over the big brands.I woke up one morning and there they were lol.

Re: Keds the in thing

I've noticed by pictures that Keds are huge outside of the US - a lot of models/ads which even have them on guys.

It has not hit that big in the northeast US as far as I can tell. Most people are wearing converse (which isn't all that bad) and/or some sort of running shoe.

Occasionally I've seen some Keds, but a lot of those are the ballet or skimmers.

I'm hoping the Twilight movie makes a big impact.

EVERYONE here in the southeast U.S. wears Converses. God, I hate it-I see them EVERYWHERE-honestly, there is NO place where a pretty girl won't be wearing them. Most young black girls now wear Nike, but usually have a pair of Converses at hand. This is even leaving out the fact that all media has teenaged/young characters wearing Converses in movies/television/commercials. Keds? IF I see them, they're on elderly women or unattractive girls. Honestly this is the only place I see good ones anymore.

I've noticed that there are a lot of the bigger clothing chains that are carrying a selection of bright-coloured (or just white) knock-off Keds, but the blue label hasn't been popping up as much as it deserves to be. Hopefully keds won't get the rip-off that Converse has gotten; there are so many look-a-likes I'm surprised they haven't filed suit against some of these companies.

I've noticed that there are a lot of the bigger clothing chains that are carrying a selection of bright-coloured (or just white) knock-off Keds, but the blue label hasn't been popping up as much as it deserves to be. Hopefully keds won't get the rip-off that Converse has gotten; there are so many look-a-likes I'm surprised they haven't filed suit against some of these companies.

They can't the allstar and basic champ styles are in public domain. Keds successfully sued a company many years ago because they not only copied the shoe but the blue label. It was the first time in patent law that a colour and label were protected from infringement.

Back
Top Bottom