carepapa

Bronze Member
Reaction score
Location (country)
spain
As many of you I don´t like too much the men´s champions. The problem is that the women´s champions are too femimine to be worn by men (I guess because the instep of the shoe is lower than the men´s champions) and even though I´ve worn the women´s champion´s many times, you will agree that it is really difficult to go unnoticed.

Well, the last men´s champions are less pointy than before, and then, more silimar to the women´s keds. I´ve changed the eyelets and obtained a nice result.

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    133.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    120.2 KB · Views: 0
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    114.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    107.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    117.9 KB · Views: 0
Re: men´s keds

For ever, the men's keds have been way to damn NARROW! They all think we have fu@king ice skates for feet. They need to offer wider sizes. Now I cannot tell but do you like the new mens Keds and how do they fit? Do they seem wider than the older ones? The older models were also very poorly sized in they were WAY too long and yea I hated the stupid point. Who has feet shaped like that? Only some a$$hole who is missing 2 toes. Lemme know..

I think the new men´s keds (I mean the model with the tag on the tonge from 2013) are slightly wider. Before, I had to wear a US 10 and now a US 9.5 is enough. When I wore the US 10 I felt like I was wearing a big shoe and that´s because Keds wanted the shoe so pointy that the toe was never filled by my feet. In fact, if you compare a men´s keds with a women´s size in the same size, you will see that the first ones are bigger.

Well, I think the new men´s keds have more room and, if you wear them for some days, they will become even wider.

There is another trick to make them wider that I do not have to use with the last model. Men´s keds have two insoles. One of them is made of cardboard. If you need it, you can remove it. The shoe will become less inconsistent and wider.

They still don't make them in sizes smaller than 8, that's my biggest concern. I do like that the blue label don't have the white lettering though.

How did you change the eyelets? I prefer the white eyelets much better.

These are under construction. You can see the difference. I hate the golden eyelets of white keds.

Attachments

• 7.PNG
    7.PNG
    293.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 61.PNG
    61.PNG
    391.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 8.PNG
    8.PNG
    315.1 KB · Views: 0
  • la foto 1.PNG
    la foto 1.PNG
    277.2 KB · Views: 0
  • la foto 2.PNG
    la foto 2.PNG
    312.9 KB · Views: 0
  • la foto 4.PNG
    la foto 4.PNG
    305.2 KB · Views: 0
  • la foto 3.PNG
    la foto 3.PNG
    482.7 KB · Views: 0

I agree with keds2001; the men's Keds are at best a let down. Who in hell are they using for the basis of modeling the shoe for manufacture? What, they don't have an instep or have feet that look like "flat Ls"? Certainly they haven't used American men's feet in the design of the shoes. And why 5 rolls of eyelets? They look like hell....why not keep to the 4 rolls of eyelets that are either color coded or white instead of silver or gold in color. Then again, why can't Keds follow the lead of Converse where the shoe is the same regardless if it's sold to either women or men? Why waste efforts and unneeded duplication of two different lines? As for the best Keds ever made, nothing replaces the original American made Keds of the late 1960's (for those old enough to remember) with those made in Tailand and Korea as second & third best choice. The Korean shoes did run a bit narrow but the instep was spot on as well as the size. The shoes from Tailand were spot on when it came to wide and extra wide sizes with room for one's tall instep (I suffer from that). As for the soles....the current model is a let down, again. Best ones were American followed by Tailand & Korea. Late 90's and early 2000 Chinese Keds were a mixed batch....more or less a hit or miss.

I am old enough to remember the Keds of the 1950's and 60's. About the only thing that varied was the pointiness of the toes.

I appreciate that Keds produces other lines: they probably need to do so to stay competitive. At least they are smart enough not to compete head to head with Vans or Converse with these styles, but they turn their back on their core product. Messing with the Champion every year is like the "New Coke" of the past: a marketing disaster. Or Windows 8 (We don't need no stinking start button).

There is a place for "new and shiny;" do that with the side styles. There is also a place for being able to depend on getting what you expect.

AMEN guys! The MGT at Keds has had their collective heads up their asses for a LONG time.. I look at the meds Keds and even converse, who the hell has feet that narrow? Perhaps an 11 year old? I have had this gripe for years and Nike and other basketball shoes sellers are the same. They sell these BB hightops in sizes 14 and 15 but not in a wide size. Well color me stupid but don't you think that if a guy needs a size 14 or 15 sneaker that he may have a wider than average foot? I too miss the older Keds that offered sizes and fit WAAY better..

Back
Top Bottom