lrider22

Bronze Member
Reaction score
Location (country)
ATL
How many guys out there wear their keds in public? My favorite are the black leather champions but have yet to wear them out of the house. What if any are some of the comments you've gotten while wearing them out?

Re: Men & keds

I do almost all of the time (have been for years). Black canvas with the white foxing are my favs then navy, stone, white.

I'm with Seeker on this one, I too wear my Keds all the time in public. Initially you'll get a few comments from your friends but after they've seen you wearing them all the time, nothing is said. Most people you see in public won't notice you're wearing girls shoes, some that do notice do a double take but not much for comments. However groups of young girls at a mall might get you some comments. Young girls can be cruel :icon_evil But if you're thinking of wearing black, I would say most people won't even notice. Just go for it, you'll feel better :icon_razz

Back in September, I saw a guy wearing Keds Andis and he didn't care plus he got bad comments but he didn't care. I have pictures if you like of that guy wearing Keds Andis barefeet...

Stop worrying about what other people think. Just wear your Keds. I've been wearing Keds outside since 1990. Too much thinking and not enough living.

Best regards,

Jeff the Kedskraver

Stop worrying about what other people think. Just wear your Keds. I've been wearing Keds outside since 1990. Too much thinking and not enough living.

Best regards,

Jeff the Kedskraver

Yup! EXACTLY!

It's maybe a little scary at first, but once you've done it - it is fine! I've been wearing various styles of Keds and other sneakers all my life, (growing up I wore a lot of Keds - champions, surfers) and since the early to mid 80's - both men's and women's. (Nike, Keds, Reebok, etc.) The women's styles most of the time had/have a wider color selection!

People may say something, but that's the point - to get some notice! I've had both bad and great compliments, but mostly great!

So, as quoted - Stop thinking and enjoy living! Life's meant to be enjoyed!

I wear keds out to time to time I stick to the white, or black ones as they are the unisex colors. At first I was always very scared but I have gotten over it after I realized most people don't even see or say anything.

The Govenator in Keds

The Govenator in Keds

Found some cool old pics of Arnold and friends wearing keds while worling out.:icon_mrgr:icon_razz

Attachments

• arnoldkeds.jpg
    arnoldkeds.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 0
  • dave1lg.jpg
    dave1lg.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 0
  • davecar.jpg
    davecar.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 0
  • dsquat.jpg
    dsquat.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 0

I wear Keds in public with some frequency, at least in settings where I am not likely to encounter folks that I know. At first I pretty much kept it to white Champions and Anchors, but last summer I started wearing navy (my fave), black, and tan. The reintroduction of white stitching on the Champs makes wearing them in public even more appealing. I do wear the navy Champs to the supermarket sometimes, figuring that if I see someone I know, I can kind of block their view with the shopping cart (as I do with other women's shoes). I usually pack a pair for casual wear when I travel on business.

So far, I only wear white Champs in situations where I know that I will be with neighbors, etc. A woman that was formerly our neighbor couldn't help but look at my sneaks but never could make herself ask about them. For whatever reason, my wife is okay with white Champs, probably because we grew up at a time when boys and girls both wore them. Besides, the pair that I wear at home are actually men's from the early 80's, and the box is till on the closet shelf, validating their gender-appropriatness.

I only wish that I had the nerve to wear red or light blue Chaps in public. Maybe next summer...

I wear my Navy or white champs or my hi cons when I walk the dog at 5.30 am... Just depends which pr I grab first..... After a swim or surf I'm usually in bar feet the rest of the day unles I go somewher then I usually go for my Cons... Champs are soooo comfortable to walk in... I'm too old to care a shit what people say, never have anyway... :icon_bigg

Walk softly and Rock on people...

Back
Top Bottom