deedee_tv

Bronze Member
Reaction score
Location (country)
Florida
According to the Stride Rite UPC list, Keds will be introducing additional colors for men early next year (2009).

The style numbers and colors are listed below:
MF29581 CHAMP CVO RED
MF29582 CHAMP CVO WAXED GREEN
MF29583 CHAMP CVO WAXED SUNSHINE (YELLOW)
MF29584 CHAMP CVO WAXED MANDARIN (ORANGE)
MF29585 CHAMP CVO WAXED BLUE
MH29588 CHAMP CVO NUBUCK LATTE (TAN)
MH29589 CHAMP CVO NUBUCK ASH GREY

Anybody want to guess what "waxed" means? I assume it will be some kind of waterproof material unlike the regular canvas. I am pretty excited about the prospect of yellow and orange men's Keds but not too sure about "waxed". I am not a fan of nubuck.

Interesting that they are coming out with another red Champ for men. This is not the same as the red Champ that just became available as it is style number MF27646 which is different.

Red is a really hot color for women's Champs right now. I am seeing it everywhere, especially on teen girls.

DD

Re: Men's Champion Colors for Spring 2009

I found this...

[FONT=Goudy Old Style,Verdana,Arial]WAXED Cotton CANVAS[/FONT] Nicknamed “Tin Cloth,” waxed canvas has earned its reputation as the workhorse of pack fabrics. The rugged cotton canvas is impregnated with a generations-old formula of waxes. Rain simply beads up and runs off while the cotton allows the bag to “breathe.” Surprisingly, the fabric is not oily and remains odorless, and the wax won’t wick into other fabrics. Time-tested tough!

Re: Men's Champion Colors for Spring 2009

I can see an application for the waxed cotton for women's Champs...

Back
Top Bottom