Re: Men's Champion Fall Colors

They ran-out of white for now. Looks like a huge seller for them, despite the icky "tennis racket" outsole design, but I expect them to come-out with the plain-old crepe sole design soon. Hopefully.

And they better have sizes smaller than 8.0, even they are still a tad too large for me.

I inquired to keds.com about the white canvas champs not being available and their response was that the lace-up sales had far exceeded their expectations and the next restock shipment wouldn't arrive till mid July. I also complained about the new mens leather champs as I didn't care for the pattern they are currently selling and asked if their would be solid colors available (white or black)? The response to that was to buy the womens champs and upsize. I support keds for re-introducing the mens line and especially the lace-up champs but I'm not happy with the soles or silver eyelets. Hopefully they'll make the settle changes that we've been complaining about the last few months with the mens line of shoes.

I love the new fall colors! I've envied for years the variety of colors offered in women's sizes, but they only came in sizes that are too small for me. I'm ordering all three new colors. Hopefully the high demand for the men's white Champs will carry over to the other colors and we'll continue having more wardrobe choices!

According to the UPC list on Stride Rites website, the fall men's Champions should also include the color Espresso. I only see the red, green and graphite on keds.com. Style number for canvas Espresso should be MF27645. A suede version of the mens champion should also be available in espresso, style number is MH27972.

The Luxe style should also be available in Black Suede (MH27649) and black leather (MH28454) but only white leather (MH27651) is shown on Keds.com.

I will start a new thread with the upcoming spring colors for Men.

DD

I just got in my order of the Red and Graphite fall colors. I like them. I really would prefer the pebble sole, but otherwise I think Keds has done well with the styling and construction.

The graphite shoes are close in color to the picture on the Keds site, while I find the red shoes a little darker than shown. Both the style and colors IMHO look progressive / contemporary as men's sneakers. Not likely to be questioned as really being a women's style, at least here in California!

Both shoes come with two set of laces in different colors. The red shoes come with a pair of white laces (as shown on the Keds site) and a pair of laces in a medium gray color close in hue to the body of the graphite shoes (where I might actually use them). The graphite shoes came with lighter gray laces and a pair of blue laces matching the top eyelets (not my style, but maybe if I were still in my 20's). Length of the laces for my size (12) shoes were fine, unlike the earlier reports of being too long.

Even at $50 a pair, I expect I'll eventually buy all of the colors - I'm hooked.

Raekeds, what is is the sole like? Can you post a pic?

While I find the pebble sole the best, the tennis racquet would be a lot more acceptable if it were a much smaller size

Attachments

• mens sole.jpg
    mens sole.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 0

Just got my graphite pair also. Might try the blue laces just for kicks, or maybe one of each. They seem like they are made well, with much heavier canvas than the current women's champs. Got a 8.5 but they seem a bit big. I'll wear them tonight with athletic weight ankle socks and see how they feel. Also need to see how well the soles work for driving.

Pics later.

Back
Top Bottom