nubbyrubber

Bronze Member
Reaction score
Location (country)
us
For a long time I felt so frustrated because Keds had redesigned the classic Champion Oxford. In the 80s, I wore my Champs constantly. I wore both the men's and women's version. I loved my Keds! Then, of course, the men's Champion was discontinued & the company began redesigning the women's sneaker every couple of years. When the men's CVO was re-introduced a few years ago ... oh, I was crazy ... they brought back the Champion & messed it up with the new design. Anyway, I have kept an eye on them for a long time & have been encouraged with the more recent changes, (thank goodness they discarded that tennis racket sole!). It has taken awhile, but I finally took the plunge & bought a pair in white and a pair in red. I was really attracted by the red ones that featured the white stitching. I got them ... opened the boxes ... held them ... smelled them ... stroked the bright white rubber outsoles ... & right away fell in love with them. The canvas is sturdy. They feature the original blue & yellow design on the insole; it is really pretty. The design of the outsole is different, but I have come to really like it. Even the soles have turned out to be attractive. When I got them, there was a two-tone quality to the soles that I wasn't sure about. But, with a little wear, the surface has become consistent and feels rubbery. Best of all, they really look good on me. Stylish, & kinda sexy. In the last month, I've gotten 4 more pairs! I love Keds!

Re: men's Champs ... love 'em!

I bough twhite, too small, but bought red last year and REALLY like them (see icon). Wife less than thrilled with color so I usually keep them to myself, but may buy a pair in blue or something for my birthday.

Back
Top Bottom