overknee

Bronze Member
Reaction score
Location (country)
Denmark
I have wondered lately if the Chuks have become more a girl's or women's fashion these days? I mean...often in the streets it is about perhaps 75% females you see wearing Chuks (at least in Denmark). Am i right? and if I am - why? Is it because many of the new Chuks are more colorful or have some "wild" printings or patterns and the guys are more conservative in their footwear? Anyone else who have had thoughts about this? And btw. are the x-hi and and xx-hi models mostly for women you think?

Re: Mostly girls or women?

I would have to agree that it seems that converse seems to be targeting the female market more than it used to, and that could have something to do with the recent increase in the popularity of the scene/punk look being portrayed by celebrities (a substantial portion of them being of the female music artist persuasion), so it's only natural the company would follow suit to benefit from it. As for the X-hi and Xx-hi styles, I'd say they're obviously directed towards women, but I don't think anyone would think any less of a guy if he were to wear them as well; after all, the Chuck Taylor style has always been portrayed as a unisex shoe, and I see no reason for that to change now.

Well, 90% of male chuck wearers only seem to wear basic black hitops and even then they will wear them into the ground. When I go out I would say there is a 4 to 1 female/maleratio of chuck wears. I can't complain. :icon_mrgr Women are more likely to buy different colors and patterns to match their outfits. I have noticed more females are getting into 'collecting' as many chucks as they can afford. Another trend I notice is the chuck mommies. Young moms who love to wear chucks and end up getting their children to wear them.

Seems like chucks are being marketed more towards women, but here, its like a 50/50 split. We have chicks wearing Chucks and dudes wearing chucks, and of all colors too.

Thanks for your replies...Actually I don't think either that these x-hi models are exclusively for female users... I have several pairs myself (althoug they are hard to get in DK) and I love wearing them...and btw when they are worn with a pair of jeans noone can tell if they are longer than the usual....And hey - who cares ;-)

It's different here because I see more guys wearing Chucks than women. I have a pair of X-hi and I know a few other guys who have a pair. Most girls here who wear Chucks are teens...

I just returned from a trip to France where I was pleasantly surprised to see how popular Chucks are right now with girls/women. Plenty of gorgeoue eye candy...

I just returned from a trip to France where I was pleasantly surprised to see how popular Chucks are right now with girls/women. Plenty of gorgeoue eye candy...
Eye candy indeed! Though I love wearing them myself I sure will agree, that that women are much prettier to watch :icon_chee:icon_chee

I think you're about right for Australia too. Right now in Brisbane, it is winter and raining (a rare occurrence these days) and school holidays. At the shops today, about 75% of Chucks wearers were girls, mostly teenagers and mostly black Chucks - hi and lo! I was overwhelmed!!!

... here in Germany the ratio is about 70% girls / 30% guys. But right now white high tops seem to be trendy among the guys.

Back
Top Bottom