Seeker

Staff member
Reaction score
Location (country)
Canada
Last spring I decided my colour of the year would be black. So I bought a new pair of black champs and I pretty much wore them every day.

This year I decided on navy which I ordered a couple days ago (pic attached). Keds has been sold out of my size for about 3 months in navy so I'm hoping that what they send me will be the newest 2007 version and yes I hope I'm getting that new sole.

Here's the deal. Treaty and I go for a power walk everyday and I'll wear the navy (except for rain days which I wear white leather). Every couple weeks I'll take some pics to show how the new version holds out. I must say the black pair I bought last year are really still in pretty good shape. The soles are almost smooth but the body held up really well (pic attached).

Cheers

Attachments

• 130610_1_alv_52.jpg
    130610_1_alv_52.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_3972sm.JPG
    IMG_3972sm.JPG
    204.1 KB · Views: 3
Re: My Keds for 2007

Usually, I am only enticed with my wife's many pairs of Keds (sometime I'll get a pic in here of her Keds).

However, in the past year, I've begun to buy a couple pairs for myself. I've bought two pairs off this site, and two pairs off Ebay. Today, I went into Kohl's and bought a pair of new Champions.

No, I didn't wear them out of the store, but I did want to. I think I might wear them out today; we'll see. Damn, they are such a comfortable shoe. I'll update what I do to this thread, and take pictures as they get "broken in." For now just the new, out-of-the-box pictures.

Attachments

• My Keds.JPG
    My Keds.JPG
    54.3 KB · Views: 3
  • My Keds soles.JPG
    My Keds soles.JPG
    57.1 KB · Views: 3
  • Keds More comfort?.JPG
    Keds More comfort?.JPG
    44.7 KB · Views: 2

Today, I wore these new Keds out and walked around the block, hoping to break them in a bit.

These are the most comfortable Keds I have ever worn (ok, I've only worn two other pairs). I wore them barefeet, and the insole support seems of a higher quality as does the heel. The tongue has much thicker padding (maybe they finally realized women wear them barefoot).

Mornin Inkeds, Mate if you reckon those champs are great to walk in you have to try a pair of the old champs they dont make any more with the "rice bubble sole... BRILLIANT..... They turn up occasionaly on E-bay... What size are you..??.. WALK SOFTLY PEOPLE...

Back
Top Bottom