Seeker

Staff member
Reaction score
Location (country)
Canada
Checkout the new Keds green label. I hope they have brains enough (though I won't count on it) to extend the size range for unisex purchases.

The new series looks to be based on the Anchor / Triumph design and is really quite attractive.

Re: New Keds Green

Just saw these before I got here.. They look pretty good and run to a sz 11 womens med which is O.K. for me... Cant say much for the Meadow Moc toe.. They look pretty "nanny" to me.. But I suffer again .. Keds still don't export to Ozz from their web site... Heres a pic hope its not considered copy write.. :icon_bigg:icon_frow Walk softly people..

Attachments

• big_shoes nk.jpg
    big_shoes nk.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 1

They don't ship to Canada either.

And they want to sell kicks...????????.... I would have taken about a doz pr off their site had the shipped O/S.... :icon_ques:icon_ques Walk softly people..

You're kidding right?? Do you not know anything about trade restrictions?

Yeah Seeker I know a little about trade restrictions... Especially in the U.S. where they will ship to anyone who will take their stuff no matter what country their factory is in, and can be fairly hostile about it as well.. Also the U.S. are very protective of their industries which is a damm good thing... Here in Ozz we sell off to anyone and sacrifice our industries... Bloody polititions... Now we have bugger all left that is actually owned here.. The ammount of Ozz brands now owned by America is astounding.. Ugg Boots and Arnotts biscuits for example.. So now America own Arnotts biscuits how come I send Tim-Tam to my girl in Michigan..??.. They just dont sell them there because the is a yank product that is similar... Tim-Tams are a choc biscuit to die for.. Trust me.. Part of the Ozz plan to take over the U.S. is to make everyone so overweight on Tim-Tams that there would be no resistance.. Ha Ha...
Back to the topic.. Keds do ship Keds to Ozz but the distributor is so useless (doesn't even have a web site that I can find) that they are virtually unknown.. Plus we dont have the U.S population to form a big buying market.. I just had a quick look in the Keds site and it appears that the site does not ship to Canada either.. They ship to Alaska and some pissy island the U.S. owns or rents thousands of miles away but not to Canada .. How stupid is that... (this is the net we are talking about..)Converse on the other hand will ship O/S from their site.. I havn't a clue about other sneaker brands as I have no interest in buying them.. I have no idea what restrictions Canada has but the bottom line is this mate.. If keds shipped O/s from their web site like Cons does, they would sell a lot more kicks... One thing about the web is it gets right around trade restrictions.. Do I agree with free trade.. Yes as long as everyone benifits and not just the multi-national few..
Seeker something I just thought of.. Most Keds are now made in Asia, right.. So how hard is it to ship from there... Heaps of electrical companies already do, Email and Westinghouse for example... Look up Plimsolls on the net and there are a heap of places shipping straight from Asia... Face it Keds are just not with the ball game unfortunatly they are still in 1916 when they started.....
Great to have a girl friend in Mi to get stuff sent over here... Later my friend... Walk softly people.. :icon_frow:icon_frow:icon_frow

You answered your own question. Keds have a distributer in Canada as well. It would be pretty shitty of the US web site to sell out of their area.

Further I can't say I agree with your ramble.

What I do think though is for 35.00 to 50.00 for a pair of Keds they should be made in the US or Canada putting our workers back to work. I just can't get around the fact that I can buy a pair of jeans that were made in China that cost over 90.00 when I can buy a better made pair for under 20.00 at Costco that were made in Canada. Surely the same could be done with shoes.

And a fine rambling I thought it was.... Agreeded mate and I'm all in favour of keeping local people in work but that ain't how it goes... The rich get richer and the pollies get slezier... You may be able to get to you Keds distributer we cant... Next trip over I'm going to sit down with you and have a yarn over this... Still wish Keds would ship O/S to Ozz....:icon_bigg:icon_bigg Walk softly people...

Back
Top Bottom