Re: Newer sole on Keds champs

I signed mate but I'm not sure my comments were of any help.. You guys know me by now I can sometimes let fly and be a bit abrasive.. HA HA.. And I am especially after this Ozz distributers gonads.. Do Keds listen to any one.. You got more chance of winning the lottery.. As for the new soles you all know my opinion on those.. THEY ARE STUFFED.. PEBBLES FOREVER... :icon_frow:icon_frow Walk softly people..

Let's stop talking about how Keds screwed up a good thing and came out with those damned new soles and do something about it. Here's the idea: Lets get together as a large group and buy them out! Then we can make our favorite Keds shoes the way they should be made! Ever since Stide-Rite & the parent company moved production from Thailand & Korea, the product line as lost it's original focus and made inferior products at a higher consumer cost. And as for us guys, well, Keds forgot about us!

I have to admit that my first thought on the issue of the new-style soles was "What's all the fuss about? Girls are still going to look cute in them aren't they?" But having taken a closer look at some of the new designs I do agree that it's a pity that the company has decided to make keds champs look more like trainers (by which I mean adidas, nike, puma etc) instead of maintaining and celebrating the things that give keds their uniquely and fantastically different identity. So where do I sign, folks?

Soles are what brought me to the fetish as a kid.

I believe in the concept that we'll see more changes, some for worse and some for better.

One of the problems with the 60's and 80's style soles was that they had to be worn down a little to be usable. However, the amount of wear made each sneaker a new experience each time I picked it up. Different wear patterns worked best with different techniques. Luckily my sister usually had a number of pairs of sneakers all in different states of wear.

Then came the late 90's and it seemed like Keds catered especially to rubber sole fetishes with soles like the Relaxed Fit, which could be used right out of the box.

Then we got clown shoes, but the soles on these varied.

I didn't like the "rear flat tire" look of the champ 2K, but Keds introduced another sole that can be used straight from the box.

For a while there, Keds was using a fuzzy material on the sole (didn't work for me at all!).

Mrs. Mule and I don't own the new style champs, so I don't know how the new sole would work out for my "special" purposes. It looks like it could be made to work very well.

While I have always been a Keds fan, I have to admit, that I have not always been "True Blue." I tried various knock offs for the variety. Even when everyone made a champ look-alike and they all had crepe rubber soles, the texture of the crepe was different and the actual rubber itself was different. So I enjoyed the variety. Now Keds themselves have variety.

Back
Top Bottom