RonR

Gold Member
Reaction score
Location (country)
USA
Describe Lisa, 18 years old, senior in high school. Consummate preppy (and stuck up), girl. Tennis team. It's May and the weather has been warm despite recent rains. She's wearing a pink polo shirt with the collar popped, white shorts and new white canvas Tretorns with a pink stripe that matches her shirt. She's sure that gym class will be inside today like it has been lately but when she gets to third period gym, she learns that it will be outside on the practice football field. Ugh.....doesn't want to go outside for gym....didn't bring outdoor clothes. Figured they'd be doing something inside.

Describe her talking the gym teacher into not having to participate in the class outside but still had to go outside to observe. Victory!

Describe Lisa, through her own clumsiness, somehow managing to do a full body wipeout in mud somewhere on or near the field. Describe her frustration and anger trying to blame someone else. What is she saying? Describe her disgust.

Lisa stood at the entrance of the gym, the sun pouring in through the large windows, illuminating the polished wood floor and bouncing off the trophy-studded cases. She tucked a loose strand of hair behind her ear, adjusting her perfectly styled hair as she eyed the clock ticking ever closer to third period. Dressed in her signature preppy attire — a crisp pink polo shirt with the collar popped just right, white shorts that showed off her toned legs, and pristine white Tretorns with a coordinating pink stripe — she felt a surge of confidence. However, with the recent streak of indoor gym classes due to the unpredictable weather, she assumed today would follow suit.

Upon entering the gym, Lisa heard the unmistakable sound of squeaking sneakers and the chatter of her peers. But her confidence deflated when the gym teacher, Mr. Thompson, announced that today’s class would take place outdoors on the practice football field. "No way," she thought, internally panicking. How could they expect her to participate in gym class outside in those mud-speckled conditions when she hadn’t prepared for it? She had meticulously planned her outfit for aesthetic appeal, not for tackling sweaty activities outside.

With a haughty flip of her hair, Lisa approached Mr. Thompson, her voice laced with feigned sweetness. "Mr. Thompson, I just don’t think it would be appropriate for me to, uh, participate in today’s activities given my… attire," she said, gesturing to her immaculate outfit. "I mean, these are brand new Tretorns," she pointed out, her condescension impossible to miss. "I simply can't risk ruining them, you understand, right?"

Mr. Thompson, who had dealt with enough students over the years to recognize a half-hearted excuse when he heard one, raised an eyebrow but seemed amused. "Lisa, I appreciate your concerns, but it’s important for everyone to participate. However, if you’d like, you can stay outside and observe the drills. That way, you’re still part of the class without risking your shoes," he replied, his tone neutral but firm.

“Fine,” she huffed, rolling her eyes as she strode outside, determined to maintain her dignity. Victory was hers — sort of. At least she wouldn’t have to do any goofy running or get overtly sweaty. As she settled in on the sidelines with her arms crossed, she tried her best to project an air of superiority to anyone who dared to glance in her direction.

But as fate would have it, while trying to shift her weight in her chosen spot, Lisa misjudged the uneven ground beneath her. In a disastrous moment that felt like slow motion, her foot slipped on a hidden patch of mud concealed by the blades of grass. Her body pitched forward, and she could only widen her eyes in disbelief as gravity claimed her. Thud! The impact was jarring; she landed smack in the mud with a resounding splatter that silenced the nearby chatter for just a moment.

Lisa’s pristine outfit was now an unsightly mess. The mud clung to her clothing, the once-bright white shorts now a splotchy brown, and her beloved Tretorns were utterly ruined.

“Ugh! Are you kidding me?” she shrieked, her face flushing with humiliation and fury. She shot glances at her classmates, who were trying to stifle their laughter. “This is just ridiculous! Why didn’t someone warn me about the mud? You could’ve at least put up a sign or something!” she fumed, her voice echoing across the field as if it were the fault of every student and teacher present.

Pointing an accusing finger, she continued, “This is all your fault! How could you let me stand here in such a mess? This is so unfair!” She wiped her hands against the grass in a futile attempt to rid herself of the mud, but the more she tried, the more smeared it became across her clothes.

Disgust bubbled within her. “I can’t believe this. My whole day is ruined because of this stupid class! This is absolutely disgusting! Why can’t anyone do their job right around here?” she huffed, overwhelmed by embarrassment and frustrated by her own carelessness. Clenching her jaw, she knew she needed to reconsider her attire for the gym from now on but part of her would cling stubbornly to her preppy image, despite the mud.

Lisa stood at the entrance of the gym, the sun pouring in through the large windows, illuminating the polished wood floor and bouncing off the trophy-studded cases. She tucked a loose strand of hair behind her ear, adjusting her perfectly styled hair as she eyed the clock ticking ever closer to third period. Dressed in her signature preppy attire — a crisp pink polo shirt with the collar popped just right, white shorts that showed off her toned legs, and pristine white Tretorns with a coordinating pink stripe — she felt a surge of confidence. However, with the recent streak of indoor gym classes due to the unpredictable weather, she assumed today would follow suit.

Upon entering the gym, Lisa heard the unmistakable sound of squeaking sneakers and the chatter of her peers. But her confidence deflated when the gym teacher, Mr. Thompson, announced that today’s class would take place outdoors on the practice football field. "No way," she thought, internally panicking. How could they expect her to participate in gym class outside in those mud-speckled conditions when she hadn’t prepared for it? She had meticulously planned her outfit for aesthetic appeal, not for tackling sweaty activities outside.

With a haughty flip of her hair, Lisa approached Mr. Thompson, her voice laced with feigned sweetness. "Mr. Thompson, I just don’t think it would be appropriate for me to, uh, participate in today’s activities given my… attire," she said, gesturing to her immaculate outfit. "I mean, these are brand new Tretorns," she pointed out, her condescension impossible to miss. "I simply can't risk ruining them, you understand, right?"

Mr. Thompson, who had dealt with enough students over the years to recognize a half-hearted excuse when he heard one, raised an eyebrow but seemed amused. "Lisa, I appreciate your concerns, but it’s important for everyone to participate. However, if you’d like, you can stay outside and observe the drills. That way, you’re still part of the class without risking your shoes," he replied, his tone neutral but firm.

“Fine,” she huffed, rolling her eyes as she strode outside, determined to maintain her dignity. Victory was hers — sort of. At least she wouldn’t have to do any goofy running or get overtly sweaty. As she settled in on the sidelines with her arms crossed, she tried her best to project an air of superiority to anyone who dared to glance in her direction.

But as fate would have it, while trying to shift her weight in her chosen spot, Lisa misjudged the uneven ground beneath her. In a disastrous moment that felt like slow motion, her foot slipped on a hidden patch of mud concealed by the blades of grass. Her body pitched forward, and she could only widen her eyes in disbelief as gravity claimed her. Thud! The impact was jarring; she landed smack in the mud with a resounding splatter that silenced the nearby chatter for just a moment.

Lisa’s pristine outfit was now an unsightly mess. The mud clung to her clothing, the once-bright white shorts now a splotchy brown, and her beloved Tretorns were utterly ruined.

“Ugh! Are you kidding me?” she shrieked, her face flushing with humiliation and fury. She shot glances at her classmates, who were trying to stifle their laughter. “This is just ridiculous! Why didn’t someone warn me about the mud? You could’ve at least put up a sign or something!” she fumed, her voice echoing across the field as if it were the fault of every student and teacher present.

Pointing an accusing finger, she continued, “This is all your fault! How could you let me stand here in such a mess? This is so unfair!” She wiped her hands against the grass in a futile attempt to rid herself of the mud, but the more she tried, the more smeared it became across her clothes.

Disgust bubbled within her. “I can’t believe this. My whole day is ruined because of this stupid class! This is absolutely disgusting! Why can’t anyone do their job right around here?” she huffed, overwhelmed by embarrassment and frustrated by her own carelessness. Clenching her jaw, she knew she needed to reconsider her attire for the gym from now on but part of her would cling stubbornly to her preppy image, despite the mud.
After she was outside but before anything happened to her, she watched two different girls step in mud puddles while chasing after balls. Describe Lisa's amusement in watching that happen and what she thought to herself about how they will have to spend the rest of their day in stained tennis shoes.

After she was outside but before anything happened to her, she watched two different girls step in mud puddles while chasing after balls. Describe Lisa's amusement in watching that happen and what she thought to herself about how they will have to spend the rest of their day in stained tennis shoes.
As Lisa settled onto the sidelines, arms crossed in a determined display of indifference, her attention shifted to the flurry of activity happening on the practice football field. A few girls from her class were engaged in a lively game, racing after balls with exuberance and carefree enthusiasm. Lisa couldn't help but smirk as her gaze fell on two of her classmates—Sarah and Jess—who were both renowned for being more athletic than fashion-conscious.

Lisa watched with a sense of detached amusement as Sarah darted after a rogue ball. In her eagerness, her foot landed right in the middle of a hidden mud puddle. She squealed—half surprise, half laughter—as she felt the squishy, cold muck envelop her sneaker. Jess, not far behind, was so focused on the game that she didn't notice Sarah's splash zone, and as she came barreling to a stop, the same fate befell her. A splash flew up, coating Jess’s otherwise clean, bright sneakers in splotches of brown.

“Oh my gosh, can you believe this?” Lisa thought, stifling a chuckle. The sight of the two girls standing there, half-laughing and half-mortified, only fueled the glee bubbling inside her. The contrast between her pristine ensemble and their newly ruined shoes seemed almost poetic in its irony.

“Looks like those two will be sporting stained tennis shoes for the rest of the day,” Lisa mused, her internal commentary dripping with her signature brand of preppy superiority. “I mean, who gets caught in mud during gym class? Honestly.” The image of them tramping around school, trying to salvage the remnants of their dignity while squishing around in muddy shoes, brought a flicker of satisfaction to her otherwise moody demeanor.

“Serves them right for running around so recklessly,” she thought with a smirk. "Maybe they should’ve paid more attention to the ground they’re running on." The laughter of her classmates only added to her enjoyment; it felt like a well-deserved moment of schadenfreude at the expense of those who dared to embrace the messiness of gym class.

For a brief moment, Lisa lost herself in the spectacle, her previous worries about her own outfit slipping to the back of her mind. Perhaps today wouldn’t be so bad after all—with a little mud drama to entertain her, she might’ve just found a silver lining. But her smile was short-lived as she looked down at her own pristine attire, reminding herself that she was far too chic to get tangled in the same muddy fate. Little did she know, her own moment of reckoning on the muddy field was just around the corner.

As Lisa settled onto the sidelines, arms crossed in a determined display of indifference, her attention shifted to the flurry of activity happening on the practice football field. A few girls from her class were engaged in a lively game, racing after balls with exuberance and carefree enthusiasm. Lisa couldn't help but smirk as her gaze fell on two of her classmates—Sarah and Jess—who were both renowned for being more athletic than fashion-conscious.

Lisa watched with a sense of detached amusement as Sarah darted after a rogue ball. In her eagerness, her foot landed right in the middle of a hidden mud puddle. She squealed—half surprise, half laughter—as she felt the squishy, cold muck envelop her sneaker. Jess, not far behind, was so focused on the game that she didn't notice Sarah's splash zone, and as she came barreling to a stop, the same fate befell her. A splash flew up, coating Jess’s otherwise clean, bright sneakers in splotches of brown.

“Oh my gosh, can you believe this?” Lisa thought, stifling a chuckle. The sight of the two girls standing there, half-laughing and half-mortified, only fueled the glee bubbling inside her. The contrast between her pristine ensemble and their newly ruined shoes seemed almost poetic in its irony.

“Looks like those two will be sporting stained tennis shoes for the rest of the day,” Lisa mused, her internal commentary dripping with her signature brand of preppy superiority. “I mean, who gets caught in mud during gym class? Honestly.” The image of them tramping around school, trying to salvage the remnants of their dignity while squishing around in muddy shoes, brought a flicker of satisfaction to her otherwise moody demeanor.

“Serves them right for running around so recklessly,” she thought with a smirk. "Maybe they should’ve paid more attention to the ground they’re running on." The laughter of her classmates only added to her enjoyment; it felt like a well-deserved moment of schadenfreude at the expense of those who dared to embrace the messiness of gym class.

For a brief moment, Lisa lost herself in the spectacle, her previous worries about her own outfit slipping to the back of her mind. Perhaps today wouldn’t be so bad after all—with a little mud drama to entertain her, she might’ve just found a silver lining. But her smile was short-lived as she looked down at her own pristine attire, reminding herself that she was far too chic to get tangled in the same muddy fate. Little did she know, her own moment of reckoning on the muddy field was just around the corner.
Describe Lisa standing there, tapping her toes wanting the class to end soon, admiring her outfit.

Describe Lisa standing there, tapping her toes wanting the class to end soon, admiring her outfit.
Standing at the edge of the practice football field, Lisa tapped her toes in rhythmic impatience against the hard ground, the sound barely audible over the playful chaos of her classmates. The late spring sun was warm overhead, and while everyone else was busy running and playing, all Lisa could think about was how much she wanted the class to end. She glanced back at the gym entrance, hoping for a miraculous change in plans that would allow her to escape this outdoor ordeal.

As she stood there, her mind drifted to her meticulously pieced-together outfit. The crisp pink polo hugged her figure in a way she found flattering, the collar expertly popped for that quintessential preppy look that she prided herself on. She appreciated how the white shorts complemented her tanned skin, highlighting her athletic legs without being overly revealing. Most importantly, she couldn’t help but admire her brand new white canvas Tretorns with the coordinating pink stripe. They were stylish and fresh, the perfect finishing touch that spoke to her dedication to both fashion and sport, even if she wasn’t participating today.

Lisa shifted her weight from one foot to the other, allowing her eyes to roam around the field, occasionally glancing at the mud puddles that claimed their victims. “At least I’m not the one getting dirty,” she thought to herself, allowing a small smirk to play on her lips as she caught sight of a group of girls trotting across the grass, mud speckling their sneakers. The thought of caked-on muck contrasted sharply with her own pristine appearance, bolstering her feelings of superiority.

With a slight raise of her chin, she continued to observe her classmates, her gaze flicking back to her own reflection in a nearby glass panel. She aligned her posture, adjusted the collar of her polo just so, and tucked a loose strand of hair back behind her ear. “I look amazing,” she thought, reveling in her own vanity. But the joy of fashion was tempered by the gnawing boredom of waiting. Every passing moment felt stretched out, the excitement of the game a distant buzz as she longed for the bell to ring so she could escape and return to her normal routine.

She sighed dramatically, rolling her eyes at the antics on the field, tapping her toes a little harder now, her frustration bubbling beneath her perfect exterior. “If they could just wrap this up before I lose all my fashion cred,” she mused silently, a slight pout forming on her lips. "Three more minutes... just three more minutes," she counted down in her head, determined to keep her chic facade intact until freedom finally arrived.

Standing at the edge of the practice football field, Lisa tapped her toes in rhythmic impatience against the hard ground, the sound barely audible over the playful chaos of her classmates. The late spring sun was warm overhead, and while everyone else was busy running and playing, all Lisa could think about was how much she wanted the class to end. She glanced back at the gym entrance, hoping for a miraculous change in plans that would allow her to escape this outdoor ordeal.

As she stood there, her mind drifted to her meticulously pieced-together outfit. The crisp pink polo hugged her figure in a way she found flattering, the collar expertly popped for that quintessential preppy look that she prided herself on. She appreciated how the white shorts complemented her tanned skin, highlighting her athletic legs without being overly revealing. Most importantly, she couldn’t help but admire her brand new white canvas Tretorns with the coordinating pink stripe. They were stylish and fresh, the perfect finishing touch that spoke to her dedication to both fashion and sport, even if she wasn’t participating today.

Lisa shifted her weight from one foot to the other, allowing her eyes to roam around the field, occasionally glancing at the mud puddles that claimed their victims. “At least I’m not the one getting dirty,” she thought to herself, allowing a small smirk to play on her lips as she caught sight of a group of girls trotting across the grass, mud speckling their sneakers. The thought of caked-on muck contrasted sharply with her own pristine appearance, bolstering her feelings of superiority.

With a slight raise of her chin, she continued to observe her classmates, her gaze flicking back to her own reflection in a nearby glass panel. She aligned her posture, adjusted the collar of her polo just so, and tucked a loose strand of hair back behind her ear. “I look amazing,” she thought, reveling in her own vanity. But the joy of fashion was tempered by the gnawing boredom of waiting. Every passing moment felt stretched out, the excitement of the game a distant buzz as she longed for the bell to ring so she could escape and return to her normal routine.

She sighed dramatically, rolling her eyes at the antics on the field, tapping her toes a little harder now, her frustration bubbling beneath her perfect exterior. “If they could just wrap this up before I lose all my fashion cred,” she mused silently, a slight pout forming on her lips. "Three more minutes... just three more minutes," she counted down in her head, determined to keep her chic facade intact until freedom finally arrived.
Lisa spotted the shortcut back up to the school. She could use that path and Mr. Thompson won't even notice. Describe her opting to leave early and take the shortcut back to the school.

Describe Lisa dodging a few muddy spots along the way proud of her coordination. Describe her coming to a large muddy puddle on the path that she stops and examines. Describe how gross it looks. Describe her decision to jump over it. Backing up taking a few steps...jumping...landing on dry ground only to lose her balance and fall back into it. Describe the shock on her face and humiliation.

Lisa spotted the shortcut back up to the school. She could use that path and Mr. Thompson won't even notice. Describe her opting to leave early and take the shortcut back to the school.

Describe Lisa dodging a few muddy spots along the way proud of her coordination. Describe her coming to a large muddy puddle on the path that she stops and examines. Describe how gross it looks. Describe her decision to jump over it. Backing up taking a few steps...jumping...landing on dry ground only to lose her balance and fall back into it. Describe the shock on her face and humiliation.
Just as Lisa was mentally counting down the minutes until she could escape the seemingly endless gym class, her eyes lit up as she spotted a familiar path—her secret shortcut back to the school. "Perfect," she thought, a sly grin creeping onto her face. "Mr. Thompson won’t even notice me slipping away." The thought of bypassing the muddy mess and avoiding further humiliation fueled her resolve, and without a second thought, she began making her way toward the path.

With newfound purpose, Lisa walked briskly, navigating the edges of the football field where the ground was softer and more forgiving. As she walked along the shortcut, she deftly dodged a few muddy spots with surprising grace, a feeling of pride swelling within her. “See? Coordination isn’t just for tennis,” she chuckled to herself, her confidence soaring with each successful leap over puddles that threatened to ruin her outfit.

However, her sense of triumph took a turn when she suddenly halted in front of a large muddy puddle blocking the path. She grimaced as she examined it; the water was murky and thick, with flecks of old leaves and small twigs bobbing grotesquely on top. “Ugh, that looks absolutely disgusting,” she muttered under her breath, realizing just how much gunk would cling to her shoes if she miscalculated this jump.

Taking a moment to assess her options, Lisa decided she had to jump over it. After all, she couldn’t risk getting dirty just as her classmates had. “I can do this,” she said to herself as she backed up a few steps, measuring her distance with focused intent. With a deep breath, Lisa pushed off the ground and launched herself forward, feeling a rush of excitement as she sailed through the air.

For a brief moment, she felt weightless—a small thrill coursing through her. But that feeling evaporated in an instant as she landed, her foot slipping forward and losing its grip on the ground. The next thing she knew, she was falling backward, arms flailing in a frantic attempt to regain her balance.

"Wait, no!" she gasped, her eyes going wide with shock as she felt herself tumble down, only to land right back in the center of the horrid puddle. The muddy water splashed up around her, soaking her shorts and splattering her Tretorns. The shock of the impact left her momentarily stunned, and a wave of humiliation washed over her as she processed what had just happened.

Staring wide-eyed at the mess she had landed in, Lisa’s initial disbelief quickly morphed into a mix of horror and embarrassment. She couldn’t believe she had taken such a clumsy fall, squelching into the very muck she had been determined to avoid. "No, no, no!" she exclaimed, grappling with her newfound shame as she struggled to find her footing in the slick mud. The scornful laughter of nearby classmates echoed in her ears, amplifying her burgeoning sense of defeat. “This is just so unfair!” she shrieked, the humiliation turning her cheeks a deep shade of crimson as she realized that her carefully curated outfit was now utterly ruined.

Just as Lisa was mentally counting down the minutes until she could escape the seemingly endless gym class, her eyes lit up as she spotted a familiar path—her secret shortcut back to the school. "Perfect," she thought, a sly grin creeping onto her face. "Mr. Thompson won’t even notice me slipping away." The thought of bypassing the muddy mess and avoiding further humiliation fueled her resolve, and without a second thought, she began making her way toward the path.

With newfound purpose, Lisa walked briskly, navigating the edges of the football field where the ground was softer and more forgiving. As she walked along the shortcut, she deftly dodged a few muddy spots with surprising grace, a feeling of pride swelling within her. “See? Coordination isn’t just for tennis,” she chuckled to herself, her confidence soaring with each successful leap over puddles that threatened to ruin her outfit.

However, her sense of triumph took a turn when she suddenly halted in front of a large muddy puddle blocking the path. She grimaced as she examined it; the water was murky and thick, with flecks of old leaves and small twigs bobbing grotesquely on top. “Ugh, that looks absolutely disgusting,” she muttered under her breath, realizing just how much gunk would cling to her shoes if she miscalculated this jump.

Taking a moment to assess her options, Lisa decided she had to jump over it. After all, she couldn’t risk getting dirty just as her classmates had. “I can do this,” she said to herself as she backed up a few steps, measuring her distance with focused intent. With a deep breath, Lisa pushed off the ground and launched herself forward, feeling a rush of excitement as she sailed through the air.

For a brief moment, she felt weightless—a small thrill coursing through her. But that feeling evaporated in an instant as she landed, her foot slipping forward and losing its grip on the ground. The next thing she knew, she was falling backward, arms flailing in a frantic attempt to regain her balance.

"Wait, no!" she gasped, her eyes going wide with shock as she felt herself tumble down, only to land right back in the center of the horrid puddle. The muddy water splashed up around her, soaking her shorts and splattering her Tretorns. The shock of the impact left her momentarily stunned, and a wave of humiliation washed over her as she processed what had just happened.

Staring wide-eyed at the mess she had landed in, Lisa’s initial disbelief quickly morphed into a mix of horror and embarrassment. She couldn’t believe she had taken such a clumsy fall, squelching into the very muck she had been determined to avoid. "No, no, no!" she exclaimed, grappling with her newfound shame as she struggled to find her footing in the slick mud. The scornful laughter of nearby classmates echoed in her ears, amplifying her burgeoning sense of defeat. “This is just so unfair!” she shrieked, the humiliation turning her cheeks a deep shade of crimson as she realized that her carefully curated outfit was now utterly ruined.
Describe her disgrace as she slogged back to the school, outfit ruined, new sneakers ruined (the ones she was supposed to wear later for her tennis match).

Describe the gym teacher asking her what happened and her response.

Describe one or more of her classmates asking her what happened and her response.

Describe her disgrace as she slogged back to the school, outfit ruined, new sneakers ruined (the ones she was supposed to wear later for her tennis match).

Describe the gym teacher asking her what happened and her response.

Describe one or more of her classmates asking her what happened and her response.
With her heart racing and cheeks burning red, Lisa trudged back to school, each step a reminder of her disgrace. The once-pristine look she had curated with such precision was now a miserable tableau of mud and embarrassment. Her pink polo shirt, stained and soggy, clung awkwardly to her body, while her white shorts had transformed into a muddy mess. The worst part? Her brand new white Tretorns, the ones she had been so proud of—now coated in thick, brown muck, utterly ruined, and unfit for her tennis match later that day.

As she sloshed her way back, the wet, squelching sound of her sneakers echoed embarrassingly with every heavy step. She was acutely aware of the stares and giggles from her classmates who lingered behind, reveling in the spectacle of her misfortune. Each jibe felt like a pointed reminder of how utterly she had failed to maintain her carefully crafted image.

When she finally reached the entrance of the school, Mr. Thompson raised an eyebrow, clearly noticing her disheveled state. “Lisa, what happened out there?” he asked, concern mixed with an undertone of bemusement.

Lisa’s voice trembled as she attempted to regain a semblance of composure. “Uh, I just slipped in a puddle,” she muttered, her eyes darting away from his gaze. “It’s no big deal.” The way she downplayed the incident didn’t quite match her mortification, but she hoped he would leave it at that and not press further.

As she turned to make her way through the hall, Lisa was intercepted by Jess, one of the very girls who had played on the field earlier. “Oh my gosh, Lisa! What happened to you?” Jess exclaimed, her voice laced with genuine confusion mixed with a hint of amusement.

“Just—just a little accident,” Lisa stammered, her face flushed. “I was trying to jump over this gigantic puddle, and I fell.” The admission felt painfully humiliating, each word a stab to her pride. She tried to maintain her usual flip and confident demeanor, but it was difficult to keep the bravado alive with mud dripping from her legs.

Jess couldn’t contain her laughter, "Wow, that’s classic. You should’ve seen me and Sarah earlier! We splashed into some puddles too, but you went all out!"

Lisa could feel her frustration bubbling to the surface. “Yeah, well, I guess I just do everything with more flair,” she responded with a forced smile, trying to salvage what little dignity she had left. Deep down, however, she felt like anything but a champion; she was a muddied mess, scrambling to regain control of her image as she made her way down the hall, away from the laughter and whispers, hoping to find a bit of privacy in the restroom to collect herself.

Back
Top Bottom