keds2001

Gold Member
Reaction score
Location (country)
Great White North
Since Keds design pretty much sucks nowadays, do any of you out there know of a comfortable brand of shoe, in the Keds champion style, that has padding in the insole and comes in a very wide size?? Cons are super UNcomfortable and they are VERY narrow, vans do not have a wide size and run thin and even Keds extrawides come too narrow these days. Just wondering if there was a shoe out there?? Any of the British sneaker fans know of a plimsoll perhaps??

Appreciate the assistance from any sneaker freak out there.

Keds2001

Re: Question for all

I share your pain! Here in the Philippines, Original Keds are rare... those that are available comes in many sizes but have standard width only. I'm medium-built & even the biggest Keds is too narrow for me.

China-made unbranded shoes are of little help too.... they are also narrow. I owned 3 pairs of Keds... I wore them only for a short period of time since it gets uncomfortable. I was lucky enough to own 2 pair of rare china-made skimmers are are a bit wide & a lot more comfortable.... but 1 is cracking in the sole... sigh...

But another type of shoes rank equally high (with Keds) in my life. The Mary-Jane style Kungfu shoes... The big sizes are super comfy, roomy & feels like wearing nothing... Maybe it's available in you place... It should be super cheap... so you got nothing to lose.

Attachments

• CIMG2279.JPG
    CIMG2279.JPG
    34.7 KB · Views: 0

G'day Keds 2001,
I would have answered this one yesterday but I had to do a little checking up for you.. I'm lucky I can get into womens 11 pretty easy but I agree the Keds seem to be getting a little narrower and a little longer...
I have just put a pr of Zazzle customs paint champions on E-bay I ordered in womens 12 and man they are way to long... Back to 11's for me...
O.K. My suggestion is to get some British Plimsols.. I have put a couple of pics in for you.. The pr on the stool are the pr I kick around in a fair bit and are pretty wide across the ball of the foot.. Loose in fact on me.. I got these from E-bay off a guy in England called Duncan Davis aka "Getsmartuk" another I have got a few pr off is Tony and Lorraine Del Pizzo at tdpliverpool or "Must Have Outlet" on E-bay... Other than that check out "plimsols" on E-bay.. Best I can do at this stage mate.. :icon_chee:icon_chee Walk softly people..

Attachments

• plims uk9.jpg
    plims uk9.jpg
    183.3 KB · Views: 1
  • plims 2.jpg
    plims 2.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 1

And again Keds 2001. I also have a pr of these myself.. From an Ozz shop called Rivers AND they ship to the U.S. and Canada .. www.rivers.com.au ... Mens Sz's 9, 10 , 11, 12.. Also black and Grey.. Under Mens casual shoes section.. If Seeker nails this address I'll put it in your private messages.. I have a pr of black and a pr of white on E-bay sz 9 u.s. mens.. Ozz and U.S are the same.. :icon_bigg:icon_bigg:icon_bigg Walk softly people..

Attachments

• rivers2687MCAS_white_side.jpg
    rivers2687MCAS_white_side.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 0
Back
Top Bottom