• All email services are currently down. I hope for a fix within a day

KedsRule

Bronze Member
Reaction score
Location (country)
PA, USA
Hi -

Saw that there is to be a remaking of Dirty Dancing - some of the 'old staff' that worked on the first movie will be working on this one.

Don't know who any of the stars will be. They're looking to 'update' the story, but how and in what way don't know.

Hopefully it will still feature Keds on the lead girl . . . maybe moreso in the new picture.

Will try to get more/update info, soon.

Re: Remake of 'Dirty Dancing'

I bet it'll be converses. They're the "cool" shoe now.

This is about ALL they have said, that I can see as of now . . . have to wait for more info . . .
I sure hope they still use Keds or I guess I'm OK with the converse . . .

Jennifer Grey 'Can't Wait' to See the Dirty Dancing Remake
By Rennie Dyball

Wednesday August 10, 2011 01:15 PM EDT

No one puts Baby in a corner ... but having another actress play her iconic role is A-O.K.

Jennifer Grey, who starred as Baby in the 1987 hit film, assured fans that she was fine with the upcoming remake of the film.

She told the Wall Street Journal through her publicist: "I'm so excited about this news and I think there's nobody better than my beloved Kenny Ortega who is as responsible as anyone for the success of the first one. I can't wait to see what he's going to do with it."

As far as the Cons, I'm in the minority here. That's just me, though 🙂.

But if they do use Keds, that would be great. Certainly a change from "Oh look, a fat ugly girl! But she turns pretty and wears heels and sandals!"

Thanks for the info. I'll keep my eye out, certainly.

I would love to see someone like Taylor Swift take the lead role as baby in Dirty Dancing. That would really put Keds in the main fashion stream again. Hopefully if they do have an actress waring Keds I hope she wears more colourful pair like red, or purple instead of the white pair. it would be nice to see some bright coloured Keds again.

I like the white ones best myself. I see a lot of girls wearing the bright champs or Vans nowadays on campus...I think they feel like the white ones make them look old.

It depends on what time period they set the movie. If it is set in the original time period, and they use anything other than Keds on the girls' feet, then they might as well give them iPhones, iPods and gameboys. Have the characters walking around tweeting each other and bumping into things while walking and texting. Any girl who would have worn cons back in those days would have been laughed at. Only girls wore Keds and every girl wore Keds. White would be the dominant color with Navy Blue in a distant second and you might actually see black.

The producers could set the movie in the modern era. They would have to rewrite a lot of the plot which revolves around the social issues of the day.

The Dirty Dancing remake will be aired Wednesday on ABC at 8pm. Abigail Breslin plays Baby.

The surge in the popularity in Keds with the original movie wasn't that the female lead wore them. It was that the male lead went for the girl who wore them. That's what it would take for the comeback to happen again today. I am well out of touch with tenn culture (maybe contact with my granddaughters will revive some knowledge) so I don't know who the girl and boy should be.

What I saw from the promos Baby is not wearing them. Which really sucks, I think they look like some type of canvas slip on like toms.

Back
Top Bottom